comm/law 2010 units help! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey everyone

i will be doing comm-accounting/law this yr. i have looked up the handbook for my program and there are 9 subjects all 3 credit points each at 100 level, which i think means that i have to do this yr. however, i read on the macq website that a full time student does 24 credit points a yr, and cant do more than 14 credit points a semester. so does this mean i leave a 100 level subject out this yr and do it next yr? or do i do all 9 100 level subjects this yr?

sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but im very confused about this. i know it will be explained at the advice day but i just want to know beforehand.

thanks in advance for your help! :)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
You don't have to do them all in a year - i suggest looking at the 200-level subjects and their pre-reqs, and definitely do the subjects needed as pre-reqs in 1st year, but leave on until 2nd year [unless you want to 'overload' with > 14 cp/ semester - which can be done, you just need special permission].

HSC
N/A
hey pwnage

is it normal for students to overload? because otherwise they wouldnt finish their degrees, in my case a combined degree in five yrs.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
No, it is not 'normal' [except in the case of Actuarial Studies students in semester 2 of First Year], hence it is called 'overloading'.

From my understanding, you doing 4 subjects a semester should allow you to graduate with Comm/LLB after 5 years.

HSC
N/A
yes i think ur correct there. comm/law at macq requires 120 credit points for completion, which means 4 subjects a semester. however, comm-accounting/law requires 128 credit points. so if i wanted to finish my degree in no more than five yrs would i need to overload?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Perhaps. In case you didn't know, Macquarie, as part of the new curriculum, is making all undergraduate units 3 credi points [some used to be 4] - so perhaps in the past if you took 8 4-credit point subjects over the degree, that would do it.

However now, yes you may have to overload, or you may want to undertake Summer School. Speak to an academic advisor.

HSC
Just leave one subject for next year, I was in the same situation with HRM107 and this is what I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)