Comm/Law Transfer from UTS (1 Viewer)

afc123

HSC
I started uni in semester 2 last year after getting a 96.80 ATAR. I was doing a B Arts at USYD but then transferred to UTS doing Business/Law. My current WAM is 79 but I want to get into USYD Comm/Law.
Will the marks I attained at USYD still count towards a potential transfer or are they wiped clean because I am in a different course at a another uni? Bearing in mind though, that my ATAR alone was considered for my transfer to UTS and not my uni marks. Also, if those marks do count how much higher will I need to get my WAM up to have a good chance of getting in?

Cheers

raisondetre1

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure (but nonetheless don't quote me!) that even when you've transferred universities still keep your transcripts, unenrolled and all. I know they do this at UTS - I am living proof.

As for the selection criteria, I think they take the marks for your most recent course (I've transferred twice through UAC in my uni lifetime) but you can probably still transfer your units done i.e. credit transfer in B Arts to Comm/Law if applicable. Obviously it's not front page news that Comm/Law is very competitive, however, a Distinction average will probably get you in. 79 WAM is not bad but to be on the safe side I reckon 80+ is close to a guarantee. Hope this helps!

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
I started uni in semester 2 last year after getting a 96.80 ATAR. I was doing a B Arts at USYD but then transferred to UTS doing Business/Law. My current WAM is 79 but I want to get into USYD Comm/Law.
Will the marks I attained at USYD still count towards a potential transfer or are they wiped clean because I am in a different course at a another uni? Bearing in mind though, that my ATAR alone was considered for my transfer to UTS and not my uni marks. Also, if those marks do count how much higher will I need to get my WAM up to have a good chance of getting in?

Cheers
Depends on how many units. I would obviously be trying to pull my mark up but 79 looks good to me (a bit borderline) but it should be fine. Although hard to tell because usyd transfers have tightened up quite a bit following the ATAR reduction. Try pull it up to 82-3 to be safer.

afc123

HSC
Depends on how many units. I would obviously be trying to pull my mark up but 79 looks good to me (a bit borderline) but it should be fine. Although hard to tell because usyd transfers have tightened up quite a bit following the ATAR reduction. Try pull it up to 82-3 to be safer.

Update

I received my marks and I've got a GPA of 6.32 or 3.58 under the UTS system. My NRSL is 97.4. What are my chances given that Usyd's ATAR Has slightly dropped allowing for more places for school leavers?

P.s. Not sure if my nrsl is correct. I got a 96.8 atar.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)