Comment on my Idea (Major Work MM) (1 Viewer)

Avarice

HSC
Just hit second term of Year 12, and I still haven't got anything to show for my Major Work.

I've gone through a ton of ideas and etc, but me and a friend landed on something we assume would be supposedly simple and rather interesting.

Something of a (flash) movie- with us as the main sprites.
Text based, and voiced over.

Mainly inspired by dialogue from games such as Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright, and Trauma Center.

Comments would be excellent- also info on any programs that would be a great help.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Just hit second term of Year 12, and I still haven't got anything to show for my Major Work.

I've gone through a ton of ideas and etc, but me and a friend landed on something we assume would be supposedly simple and rather interesting.

Mainly inspired by dialogue from games such as Fire Emblem, Phoenix Wright, and Trauma Center.

Comments would be excellent- also info on any programs that would be a great help.
Sounds good, but then again I don't know too much about the MM projects.

micuzzo

HSC

dude i hope u have at least started ur DMC... ur idea seems ok... just remember to make sure its not innapropriate

Avarice

HSC
It's not innappropriate, and I've gotten down the storyboarding and scripting- the only problem I have is the software to animate it.

As I said; Suggestions? That question seems to be overlooked.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
It's not innappropriate, and I've gotten down the storyboarding and scripting- the only problem I have is the software to animate it.

As I said; Suggestions? That question seems to be overlooked.
well there's adobe flash...(perhaps your school has a copy...) i'm afraid I don't know of any other tools that have a lot of functionality which produce the same end result.

Avarice

HSC
Hm. Flash seems my best bet- but I'm convinced it'd take some insane crash course in flash to actually get the how-to down. I was looking for a more simple compiling program, since mainly all I'll be combining is imagery and text- with audio being overlayed before the finish.

micuzzo

HSC
i dont do MM..but i know people that do and they use Macromedia to make flash 'things'... i can tell u that they are not experts at the program and they use a lot of tutorials.... my underling message is that u should use tutorials and try and learn some 'trick of the trade' from others...

Good Luck =]

tedelex06

HSC
i dont do MM..but i know people that do and they use Macromedia to make flash 'things'... i can tell u that they are not experts at the program and they use a lot of tutorials.... my underling message is that u should use tutorials and try and learn some 'trick of the trade' from others...

Good Luck =]

well there's adobe flash...(perhaps your school has a copy...) i'm afraid I don't know of any other tools that have a lot of functionality which produce the same end result.
adobe flash is macromedia flash. adobe bought macromedia a few years ago.

for my major project for MM im using visual basic to make this maths quiz application :)
how exactly is that multimedia? that should be for SDD not ITMM

HSC
Nah i asked my teacher if it's ok on using VB and he sed thats fine and plus im not very good with adobe flash. Also the teacher said that u wont be assessed on what u used to make the application as long as it's interactive and it actually works.

Last edited:

PierceC

HSC
Adobe flash would be the way to go i guess
Pretty easy to use
and there are plenty of tutorials out there on the web

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)