commerce accounting at sydney (1 Viewer)

jpk

is accountin ani good???like fun??/or is it pure borin??????
r they cuttin places for accountin commerce as well

timmii

sporadic attendee
I don't mind it. Most people hate it. If you don't want to major in it, its 2 subjects in first year and thats all you will ever have to do for accounting. Not "fun" per se, but pretty straightforward, and interesting in some respects. I thought it'd just be a case of adding stuff up - so it's rather interesting to learn all the stuff i dont know about the world of business as we go along...:) Don't know about the place cutting...

sif not 99

accounting is not all fun and games, I provide the fun and games however =) the best thing about this semester was choosing not to go to accounting lectures, I feel liberated....the good thing about accounting is that they do the maddest lecture notes so you can learn it all at home...

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
like timmii said, accounting is not the best of subjects but it does provide you with some insight into the business world, especially the "accounting" definition of debits and credits :)

*hopeful*

HSC
hey do u fink dat if i apply for accounting as a full fee paying student n my mark is say 2 points lower than cutoff that they would still maybe consider me ? i mean they want my parents money dont they:)

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Sure they'll consider you. But don't give up now and pay fee-paying instead of doing your best in the HSC - there's still 3 weeks to go! Good luck :D

jpk

hopeful..u dat..rich.....iheard fee-payin is a car a year is it true...?

haz_it_all

hopeful..u dat..rich.....iheard fee-payin is a car a year is it true...?

Depends on the car:p its usually like 12-15k a year.....so over 4 years u'll be spendin round 60k......its not THAT bad considering private skools charge at least 7grand a year.......plus u'll be getting a job afterwards and within 2-3years u wulda made that 60thousand up.if u got the money then ye its a pretty cheap option.........id say its the price of a 2nd hand car a year :p

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
so u can do bachalor of commerce majoring in accounting at sydney??

Toby

hmm..
hey, how much harder is accounting than actuarial?
I don't know which one to major in!
(prob accouting cuz im a bludger, and 4U is proving a little difficult)

both need a UAI of 95.5 (Bachelor of commerce)
Many people told me to do actuarial studies cuz its more exciting

Any suggestions?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by Toby
hey, how much harder is accounting than actuarial?
I don't know which one to major in!

Actually I think it should be the other way around. Actuarial Studies is alot harder than accounting, Actuarial is mostly maths based (so it defeinately for 3/4 unit maths students) whilst accounting has some maths in it but nowhere near the level of actuarial studies...

Toby

hmm..
arrggh! man, im lost today (must have been too much studying for eco!)
yep, it's meant to be the other way around
and im posting in the University of Sydney thread when its supposed to be in UNSW!! (you can't major in actuarial in sydney, acounting yes)
sorries
but yea, i'll give actuarial a shot, and if its too difficult, i'll bludge in accounting! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)