• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce/Law Career Opportunites (1 Viewer)

awal1959

HSC
What specific career paths are avaible upon completion of a combined law/commerce degree?

thanks

turtleface

HSC
everything except economist/econometrician if you don't major in economics, and accountant if you don't major in accounting, and actuary if you don't major in actuarial studies

awal1959

HSC
LottoX said:
Wouldn't it depend on whether you choose to follow the Commerce or the Law?
I am a hsc student by the way so i am a little in the dark about all this busniess.

In answer to your question i aim to practise law but in the commercial sector if that makes sense.

what kind of jobs would this lead to?

turtleface

HSC
awal1959 said:
I am a hsc student by the way so i am a little in the dark about all this busniess.

In answer to your question i aim to practise law but in the commercial sector if that makes sense.

what kind of jobs would this lead to?
solicitor, legal counsel, general counsel, legal officer etc.

michaeln36

HSC
a commerce/law degree probably opens up more job opportunities than any other degree or degree combination.
The broad spectrum means that you will be able to find a job u REALLY enjoy, with a decent --> great salary.

It will all depend on how ur interests evolve, and what majors you choose to take.
In law u can do commercial law, criminal, family, contracts, conveyancing etcetc (this is only a very few of the avaliable majors)
In commerce you can do accounting, finance, economics, management, human resources, etc etc.

In short -- ITS A GREAT DEGREE!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Would it be possible to double major in your Commerce degree?
afaik, not anymore. used to though if you overload. besides, why the hell would you want to study so much?

michaeln36

HSC
so there is no way to get permission to do a double major in comm in a comm/law combined ?
wat if u take summer sessions or make the degree 5.5 years>? etcetc

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
michaeln36 said:
so there is no way to get permission to do a double major in comm in a comm/law combined ?
wat if u take summer sessions or make the degree 5.5 years>? etcetc
Come to usyd com/law :D You can do 2 majors in your commerce degree without requiring permission or overloading (guess which majors the vast majority do ;)). However, you may have to overload 1 subject to meet the prereqs for CPA/CA. For example, I'm planning to do auditing as a non award course in summer school.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Suvat said:
Come to usyd com/law :D You can do 2 majors in your commerce degree without requiring permission or overloading (guess which majors the vast majority do ;)). However, you may have to overload 1 subject to meet the prereqs for CPA/CA. For example, I'm planning to do auditing as a non award course in summer school.
You can't under new credit system I heard.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
_dhj_ said:
You can't under new credit system I heard.
Just on that, this new credit point system is giving me the shits.

Now, I'm doing Arts/Law, not Com/Law, but I think the requirement for a major (36 credit points) is the same. It's possible to do two majors, but this requires overloading in both years II and III and doing at least one unit in summer school. Because I'm crazy, I may very well do this.

phrred

HSC
c_james said:
Just on that, this new credit point system is giving me the shits.

Now, I'm doing Arts/Law, not Com/Law, but I think the requirement for a major (36 credit points) is the same. It's possible to do two majors, but this requires overloading in both years II and III and doing at least one unit in summer school. Because I'm crazy, I may very well do this.
major is 42 credits

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
phrred said:
major is 42 credits
Then the process would be much the same, but would just require doing a few more units in summer school.

turtleface

HSC
Suvat said:
at your uni, if you're HECS do you have to pay full fee to do that additional subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)