Commerce (Liberal Studies) usyd transfer (1 Viewer)

goodnessme

HSC
Hello, I am doing Bachelor of Science in usyd and I am intending to transfer to Commerce(liberal studies) next year. I got an uai of 97.45 and my gpa for the first semester is 5.5. I am wondering what is the chance of me getting into the new degree?

The reason I asked is because I contacted the admission office and they said with my uai, I will need a gpa of credit - distinction, which is some what unspecific.

Using the NRSL index formula, if I maintain my current gpa, my index will be:

(97.45+93)/2 = 95.225

Can somebody please help me- because the NRSL for law is well know to be around 96+ but not for commerce, which is a popular degree as well.

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

HSC
Anyone able to contribute to this topic?
I'm also applying to transfer to Commerce (liberal studies) from comm/arts, and was looking fine, but then i fucked up a couple of exams this semester, so I'm not very confident of getting accepted anymore

Milla212

HSC
I am attempting to transfer into Commerce(liberal studies) from Commerce/Arts at Usyd too.
I went to the admin office and they said that as of next year - if your UAI falls under the course's cut off for the year, it will not contribute to your ability to transfer and they will only consider your uni marks. This has been changed so that those who got a poor UAI can 'start fresh' and only have their marks considered.
However this poorly impacts upon people like us who recieved UAIs just short of the cut off - as they are now virtually useless. :(

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
what a shit degree....do something that will contribute to society...fucking commerce..ha!

maserativ8

HSC
Milla212 said:
I am attempting to transfer into Commerce(liberal studies) from Commerce/Arts at Usyd too.
I went to the admin office and they said that as of next year - if your UAI falls under the course's cut off for the year, it will not contribute to your ability to transfer and they will only consider your uni marks. This has been changed so that those who got a poor UAI can 'start fresh' and only have their marks considered.
However this poorly impacts upon people like us who recieved UAIs just short of the cut off - as they are now virtually useless. :(
Do you mean that this applies for people who applied for admission in 2009, Semester 1? or 2010?

flamhorn

HSC
Milla212 said:
Wow, I didn't know this. Two questions:
1. What if you didn't do the full 48 cp load in your 1st year? ...are you then not considered =/ I only did 42 cp last year.

2. What if you got above the UAI cut-off? My 2007 UAI pretty much guarantees me transferring into Comm (liberal studies)....but if UAIs aren't a contributing factor anymore, that really sucks!

spence

HSC
flamhorn said:
Wow, I didn't know this. Two questions:
1. What if you didn't do the full 48 cp load in your 1st year? ...are you then not considered =/ I only did 42 cp last year.

2. What if you got above the UAI cut-off? My 2007 UAI pretty much guarantees me transferring into Comm (liberal studies)....but if UAIs aren't a contributing factor anymore, that really sucks!
If you've done less than one year FTE (48 CP) then only your UAI will be considered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)