Commerce (Liberal Studies) (1 Viewer)

Krustallosice

HSC
Commerce (Liberal Studies) - Actuarial Studies

I am planning to major in Actuarial Studies and swaying between other majors: Mathematics & Statistics and Finance.

Any suggestions on which combinations are most useful?

All advice welcome.

:)

Last edited:

IceOnFire

HSC
Well, since you are doing actuarial I would suggest maths since it certainly helps as actuarial is mainly about statistics and probablity. However if you want a variety and is interested in investment banking and finance, then do finance.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
IceOnFire said:
since you are doing actuarial I would suggest maths ...if you want a variety and is interested in investment banking and finance, then do finance.
Krustallosice said:
I am planning to major in Actuarial Studies and swaying between other majors: Mathematics & Statistics and Finance.

Any suggestions on which combinations are most useful?

All advice welcome.
LOL

but seriously, i think thats already a good combination already. acturial, finance and mathematics. but if your doing it at unsw, i dont know whether your transcript will read your third major. the reason is that im not sure whether you can attain a triple major. if i were you, i would ask unsw student central for clarification on that particular issue. if you need more help,

consult www.handbook.unsw.edu.au

then search for commerce liberal studies under programs under faculty or something

Krustallosice

HSC
wrong_turn said:
LOL

but seriously, i think thats already a good combination already. acturial, finance and mathematics. but if your doing it at unsw, i dont know whether your transcript will read your third major. the reason is that im not sure whether you can attain a triple major. if i were you, i would ask unsw student central for clarification on that particular issue. if you need more help,

consult www.handbook.unsw.edu.au

then search for commerce liberal studies under programs under faculty or something
yea triple majors can be attained from commerce (liberal studies)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
but i dont think it is recognised under your degree when you graduate. im almost sure that they only list 2 majors. but like i said in my earlier post, consult student central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)