Commerce Major selection dilemma (1 Viewer)

rking24

HSC
Hey guys

I recently received my offer for commerce/advanced studies (Dalyell Scholars) at USYD. It allows me to select one major which specifically ties with commerce and another major in pretty much anything. I'm unsure about what i should do, as my friend from Macquarie told me that majors are selected in the second year , which isn't the case in USYD.

Couple of options i have in mind

Finance + Accounting
Finance + Banking
Finance + Management

What combinations would maximize my future opportunities and salary potential? I think i'm quite good at strategic thinking and working with others, while i lack the ability to be precise and neat in my work (i lost a crap ton of marks in HS because of silly mistakes) Anything information would be much appreciated!!!

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
accounting is the only one which will get you a professional qualification just putting it out there if you're looking more towards employment prospects. Other than that I can't say much since I have no experience in any of those majors

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends what kind of career/role you want in the future Op.

Sounds like you're very heavily leaning towards finance though and whilst accounting is the natural combo, it also comes down to what kind of role in finance you'd want to move towards... and in some particular roles which are industry specific, it may even be worthwhile combining with something totally out there which aligns with your own personal interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)