• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce or Economics (1 Viewer)

Bekhit

HSC
ayy ppl ive just been wonderin wats betta a commece degree or an economics degree or even a commerce degree majorin in economics??. Whats the pay like for economic fields and commerce fields and whats the job prospects??

Muz4PM

HSC
I have pondered the same question? What is the difference? I thought the difference was that economics is purely economics where as commerce gives you a taste of economics, marketing, accounting etc etc.

Is that correct?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
At UNSW anyway:

Economics - Must major in economics

Commerce - Major in whatever you like

It's seriously not hard people. This information is widely available at any university's website.

>.<

Bekhit

HSC
Vagabond said:
At UNSW anyway:

Economics - Must major in economics

Commerce - Major in whatever you like

It's seriously not hard people. This information is widely available at any university's website.

>.<
yeh vaga bond fanx 4 dat...
i kinda figured an economics field means u major in economis.i mean isn dat y its called economics.
ma question was wats betta n wats da pay like.even if infos available i want firsthand advice from those studyin or in dat field.:D

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
From what i understand:

Commerce - Private Sector, what your individual company does.

Economics - Macroeconomics, the studys of the countries economy, how the money flow works and shit.

Commerce = Money, low job security
Economics = Probally working for the Government

In conclusion, do both.

williamc

HSC
Studentleader said:
From what i understand:

Commerce - Private Sector, what your individual company does.

Economics - Macroeconomics, the studys of the countries economy, how the money flow works and shit.

Commerce = Money, low job security
Economics = Probally working for the Government

In conclusion, do both.
KOOL YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!

Polski

HSC
Bekhit said:
ayy ppl ive just been wonderin wats betta a commece degree or an economics degree or even a commerce degree majorin in economics??. Whats the pay like for economic fields and commerce fields and whats the job prospects??
Commerce is more flexible....
Im doing Accounting/Finance as my Commerce Majors and im doing Financial Economics as my Economics Major.
If you had to pick just one, id strongly suggest Commerce.
Im considering to get rid of Economics as its just too theoretical and unrealistic for my liking.

Try looking at the handbook
Regards

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
What he said above was pretty wrong, i agree somewhat.
How so?

Economists look at really macroeconomics so they are more likely to be applied in the public sector with instituations like the RBA.

Commerce is indivdual company shit?

The way everyone puts it, economics is shit so gogo commerce.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Studentleader said:
How so?

Economists look at really macroeconomics so they are more likely to be applied in the public sector with instituations like the RBA.

above you said eco was better.
Economists are not needed as much as 'commerce dudes'

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Studentleader said:
How so?

Why don't you actually look it up or have a clue before giving out advice.

Economics = Commerce

The only difference is you are required to take 1 economics major. Other then that you can pretty much copy all of an opposite commerce students subjects. Just because you do an economics degree does not necesarrily = goverment employment. You can still major in accounting/finance/whateverthefuck and get a job in that related industry.

Just because you do economics doesnt mean you are stuck applying for jobs with the RBA. Commerce also involves various subjects of economics and commercial law etc, not necessarily, individual company shit but i guess i see what you mean by that.

Note: This is the case at Usyd and i would imagine be pretty much standard at most uni's in NSW

Also: I would say there is a slightly larger market for commerce grads then economics, but only due to the fact commerce students can have 2 business related majors.

williamc

HSC
Studentleader said:
How so?

Do you even know what macroeconomics is, you douche. Many economists work in the private sector, for large corportions or firms.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Studentleader said:
How so?

hahah lol, econ is commerce. Thats why my uni has a b.commerce(economics) and so do many other unis. SO WHAT DEGREE DO U STUDY??

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Studentleader said:
How so?

:santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)