Commonwealth Equity Scholarship and Start Up, do I get both? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am currently on a CES and although common sense would dictate that I do not get one of the new Start Up scholarships implemented to replace them, I can't find anything on the centrelink web page confirming this (the only pre existing scholarship they mention is the Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship, which appears to be an indigenous one).

Is it at all possible they've overlooked this and intend to give me yet more money?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I thought that the term Commonwealth Equity Scholarship wasn't the name of the scholarship itself but just the term for the program which includes CECS and Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships.

HSC
I thought that the term Commonwealth Equity Scholarship wasn't the name of the scholarship itself but just the term for the program which includes CECS and Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships.

I found out from the university that mine is called a Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (though they've never referred to it as that before). Checking the website, this excludes me from the Relocation scholarship, but I haven't been able to get a confirmation from centrelink that I am indeed eligible for the start up one.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
My friend who's got eligible for both equity and start up only gets the equity one.

ajdlinux

HSC
I found out from the university that mine is called a Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (though they've never referred to it as that before). Checking the website, this excludes me from the Relocation scholarship, but I haven't been able to get a confirmation from centrelink that I am indeed eligible for the start up one.
Well you should still be eligible for the startup one I'm guessing. Simple way to check: login to your online banking and see if you're $650 richer right now ;)

shady145

Banned
HSC
Well you should still be eligible for the startup one I'm guessing. Simple way to check: login to your online banking and see if you're $650 richer right now ;)
what! did they get the scholarships back?
and i think if you already have a scholarship you dnt get these government scholarships if you are illegible for them... thats what the policy was before they got rejected last year XD

*runs to nearest atm to check balance, be beack soon XD*

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I presumed that if you already get equity then you would not get start up - seeing as no new equity scholarships are being awarded.
Yeah, I think this is what has happened, judging by my bank balance.

mewantcookies

HSC
N/A
what if you got the Equity one before but cause you finished your course they cancelled it......... would they give you the scholarship if you're going another degree ?? as in masters instead of bachelors...

ajdlinux

HSC
what if you got the Equity one before but cause you finished your course they cancelled it......... would they give you the scholarship if you're going another degree ?? as in masters instead of bachelors...
I'd assume if you're no longer receiving the old Commonwealth Scholarship, they'd pay you if you're otherwise eligible. You can always call them and ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)