Commonwealth Keycard Query (1 Viewer)

tandem

HSC
Hey. I have a Commonwealth bank keycard and I have a netbank account.

Am I able to use it when purchasing products off ebay?

Thanks.

bouncingfire

HSC
not using the keycard itself but the way to do it is get the sellers bank details(acc. name and BSB) and make a direct transfer through netbank. That's generally the standard for ebay buying.

The other way is paypal, you can link your bank account to your paypal account and you can auth. paypal to withdraw money from your bank account when ever you buy something. I avoid paypal though due to the fees.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The thing about Netbank is, I'm not sure you're allowed to conduct transfers and stuff through it. I though that the only thing you can do with it is transfer into your streamline account (Smart Access or whatever), and from there so the transactions.

Also, you can't pay using a Keycard. What you want to do is go into a branch and simply ask to apply for a Debit Card, which is free and allows you to use it like a credit card, or online shopping or whatever.

I'm not 100% on this, so hopefully someone else can confirm.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Sorry but keycards can't be used online.

Only debit and credit cards cam be used online.

I have anz and commonwealth keycards and i know you can't use it online :(

Sorry

alexwareham2

HSC
Get a visa or mastercard debit. Not sure what Commonwealth has, but they are generally free for students, or ANZ is anyways.
And these can be used online for shopping and for ebay. So just get one of them!

D94

HSC
N/A
What you want to do is go into a branch and simply ask to apply for a Debit Card, which is free and allows you to use it like a credit card, or online shopping or whatever.

I'm not 100% on this, so hopefully someone else can confirm.
The piece of plastic is free, and when you're under 21, it's also free of monthly charges. When you're 21 to 24, you are required to deposit $1000 per month in order to have free monthly charges, and over 24, (from memory), you have to deposit $4000 per month to not incur monthly charges.

(this is a debit card associated with a Smart Access)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
The piece of plastic is free, and when you're under 21, it's also free of monthly charges. When you're 21 to 24, you are required to deposit $1000 per month in order to have free monthly charges, and over 24, (from memory), you have to deposit $4000 per month to not incur monthly charges.

(this is a debit card associated with a Smart Access)
Provided you are a student Commonwealth don't charge account fees if you are over 21. And it's only $2000 now not $4000. And the debit card remains free, as well as the fact there are no transaction fees on it either.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nowadays there are plenty of fee free alternatives which offer visa debit cards. eg Citibank. Just be careful re other fees and charges which may apply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)