Communication Option (2 Viewers)

hsc2012la

HSC
I explained how cataract surgery, myopia, damages to the inner, middle and outer ear can be corrected using cataract surgery, LASIK, Hearing aids and cochlear implant. In my response I explained the surgery/technology in detail about how it worked. Only wrote like one -two sentences on each about how this helps overcome communication problems. I didn't include any diagrams. I also wrote a little dot point thing about how there are some disadvantages associated with the technology/surgery.

Is this was they were asking for?
Did most people do this?
I did the same thing too but I didn't add anything about the disadvantages since the question only told you to demonstrate how technologies..etc

HSC
N/A
I did the same thing too but I didn't add anything about the disadvantages since the question only told you to demonstrate how technologies..etc
I didn't speak of the negatives either. I thought it was more focused on social impact.

randomnocity

HSC
Wrote like 3.5 pages for the 8 marker, did problems associated with the eye ahaha i drew that many diagrams :) showed corrective measures, operations (cataracts, refractive laser surgery) corrections for myopia and hyperopia

was really happy with it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sam Behdasht

HSC
The ear diagram ;_;
I thought they were components of the ossicles, 2 marks down the hatch :<
Apart from that, it was a splendid test.

Blocy

HSC
N/A
I thought I did good, until I started reading other people's responses LOL
14/20 MC erugh,
Forgetting to label C for the ear...

What did you guys put for the 8 marker Q?
I had:
- cataracts
- myopia/hyperopia, eyeglasses/spectacles/laser eye surgery
- hearing aids
- cochlea implants

_Arsenal_

HSC
The ear diagram - 3/3 - I did the entire ear and had to teach it for a week to my class for an assignment. You guys should of had A- Tympanic membrane (eardrum), B- Ear ossicles and C- Oval Window.
When talking about what B does, you should of talked about how it collects the mechanical energy(soundwaves) from the eardrum and can amplify or dampen the sound before passing it onto the oval window. This dampening and amplifying also helps to protect the inner ear as sound isn't travelling into it at 'full speed' (how you guys know what I mean) and the fact that the Ear Ossicles acts as a mechanical 'machine'. For the 8 marker, I talked about Cochlea implants, Hearing Aid, Myopia and Hyperopia (talked about glasses correct this) and I talked about Cataracts (LASIK). I defined each one, talked about how they are fixed, how they help, benefits of both and disadvantages and then related it back to the question that it enables the organism (human) to regain and/or increase their senses within that 'sense'. So ie; Hearing Aids increase the sense for hearing, meaning they can hear things before they see them, meaning they can avoid danger quicker; ie; car horn as you're about to get hit by a car. :p

john rey

HSC
N/A
In Part a of communication Q(i) I labelled the parts like this:
A - Tympanic membrane
B - Malleus, incus and stapes
C- Oval window

After reading most of the answers will i get the mark for B?

Also, in the 8 marker, i only talked about hearing aids and how it corrected the problem drew some diagram and thats it. i got the feeling im getting only 2 mark for that. ^^

medicore

HSC
Did you guys include phacoemulsification for the 8 marker?

RishBonjour

HSC
The ear diagram - 3/3 - I did the entire ear and had to teach it for a week to my class for an assignment. You guys should of had A- Tympanic membrane (eardrum), B- Ear ossicles and C- Oval Window.
When talking about what B does, you should of talked about how it collects the mechanical energy(soundwaves) from the eardrum and can amplify or dampen the sound before passing it onto the oval window. This dampening and amplifying also helps to protect the inner ear as sound isn't travelling into it at 'full speed' (how you guys know what I mean) and the fact that the Ear Ossicles acts as a mechanical 'machine'. For the 8 marker, I talked about Cochlea implants, Hearing Aid, Myopia and Hyperopia (talked about glasses correct this) and I talked about Cataracts (LASIK). I defined each one, talked about how they are fixed, how they help, benefits of both and disadvantages and then related it back to the question that it enables the organism (human) to regain and/or increase their senses within that 'sense'. So ie; Hearing Aids increase the sense for hearing, meaning they can hear things before they see them, meaning they can avoid danger quicker; ie; car horn as you're about to get hit by a car. :p

ooo. cataract? LASIK? you sure thats correct? its phacoemulsification. LASIK is for hyper/myopia.

7friday

HSC
The stuff about insect and animal eyes... i complete forgot about animals! i did the planatarian and the bee, and I forgot the name of the planatarian, to i just wrote a 'sea mollusc (snail)' and drew a diagram of the eye... oh dear.. lost marks there...

and the 8 marker, I outlined every single correctional technology I could think of - hearing aids, cochlear, spectacles, contacts, LASIK, PRK and cataract surgery.

and the vibrations in insects and fish!? I completely forgot, had a total mind-blank... I wrote something about the insect knees and tympana.. and then something about the otolith in fish.. Have no idea what i was waffling on about, but i tried to use some of the correct terminology to get at least a mark...

oh! and I have the entire question paper with me if anyone wants to know the questions?

emmkayyez

HSC
I described what each ear ossicle did (just a lot of passing vibrations to the next ossicle) instead of the ossicles as a whole. Will I get the marks? D:

allly123

HSC
For the question about the experiment thing: "Match THREE pieces of apparatus used in this experiment with THREE identified parts of the eye."
I did lens:
I, K and J = lens of the eye
Solution = vitreous humor
Fine paper = retina
yep got that :D

allly123

HSC
I wasn't too sure about the eyes and purpose, so i put three animals.

The snake and it's need for infra-red to detect heat from prey
the bee and compound eye with ommotodia because it needs to see things really fast as it flies. As well as ultraviolet because of the flowers
planatarian (i spelt it wrong :( ) with the occeli because it only needs to detect light for direction

will i get the marks?
Yes, i think you will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)