Communications:Roll Call!/Getting to know you! (1 Viewer)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Did anyone get the e-mail about viewing the CC1 lecture tomorrow at 10:30? Wtf! It's in 03.04.25 so you know it doesn't fit a lot of people...what exactly is happening?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:
Did anyone get the e-mail about viewing the CC1 lecture tomorrow at 10:30? Wtf! It's in 03.04.25 so you know it doesn't fit a lot of people...what exactly is happening?
*blinks* Nope - I just got an e-mail from Raya...maybe its about your tute because someone is using certain equipment for the presentation?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
kami said:
*blinks* Nope - I just got an e-mail from Raya...maybe its about your tute because someone is using certain equipment for the presentation?
Ahh, my whole tute was there. The deal is every week a 12 o'clock tute has to see a video replay of the lecture. Apparently they let 50 (!!!) students into CC1 without calculating seating space.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think I should have dropped Power and Change :(...

*burns book review*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you can still drop it for like 5 more days :p

i have my biblio thing AND my facilitation on this week

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I feel like my bibliography is TOTALLY WRONG yet I wouldn't have the slightest clue of how to fix it. I wish I had something to measure it against. Uni assignments are the great unknown.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha

shit i'm so fucked. i complain so much abt how busy i am but i just had 2 days off in a row (fri and sat) and i did no uni work whatsoever. to be fair it was st paddys!!! but still

now i'm skipping class to do both today

grrr argh

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
haha, i'm in a similar bind - luckily enough my tutorial was cancelled(Jan must have been sick:D) so...more time for me!

Clutch.

HSC
Well I'm just starting now if it makes you feel any better.

In our book review, do we have to reference the actual book when we talk about it? And should we be referencing other sources within our review?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
kami said:
haha, i'm in a similar bind - luckily enough my tutorial was cancelled(Jan must have been sick:D) so...more time for me!
hey are you in thomas' tute? the arvo one?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
hey are you in thomas' tute? the arvo one?
Nope.:)

I have:
*2:00 Jan Houghton for CIE
*10:00 Phillipa Mansour for PCA
*3:30 Raya Masse for CC1
*9:00 Adam something or other for WRIT

EDIT: I do have a Thomas in my class, if thats what you mean...

Clutch said:
In our book review, do we have to reference the actual book when we talk about it? And should we be referencing other sources within our review?
I believe we reference our other sources when we use them(gah, makes the wordcount soo much tighter) but I think as regards the book we are reviewing I don't think so...since its sorta implied by the fact that we're reviewing it. Thats just my interpretation though.

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah I meant in your class, sorry.

dark hair? umm....dark hair? unsure how to describe him. he's a peculiar guy but he's cool :)

HSC
Clutch. said:
Well I'm just starting now if it makes you feel any better.

Make sure you do one of every in-text reference you can find on the Bell website and you should be fine :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
yeah I meant in your class, sorry.

dark hair? umm....dark hair? unsure how to describe him. he's a peculiar guy but he's cool :)
Um...the Thomas in my class:
*i think he's a bit of a muso
*he always seems very polite to girls, pulls chairs out for them and stuff
*i think he does writing & cultural studies
*dark wavy hair
*often wears a dark jacket or something.

Sound about right?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah that's him.
he's in my pca and contemporary cultures classand he came for lunch with us today after his lecture :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think I'll follow erin's lead from the other thread - die CC1, die in a big ditch full of fat people with extreme BO.

On other news, I'm throwing an all nighter on an assignment for CC1 - joy.

Oh, and sweets - I'm not sure which person from CIE you are, though I have a strong suspicion[just haven't been able to go -'hi, are you that person from the itarweb?'] so are you the one who sat in the back row last tute and came in a little late?

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Yes your suspicions would be correct! Thats me, the one talks to much and makes irrelevant comments constantly :p

You're the tall guy with curly hair? I think....

I'm so annoyed I didn't get to do my tute presentation today. I actually like the topic, and I mean who doesn't love Edward Said? What a waste of day, especially considering I took tuesday off to do my journalism assignment and prepare of it :angry:

Why is everyone hating on CC1 so much? It's not that bad.

This my ranking of the subjects...

PCA
CC1/Journalism 1- The order changes each week

CIE- David McKnight makes you want to go to sleep and something about Jan just annoys me!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ha - its good to have someone to counter the blonde one(kathryn?) when she keeps putting her hand up and talking...otherwise it would get even more boring than it already is. And ja, I'm the curly haired tall guy.

I'm so annoyed I didn't get to do my tute presentation today. I actually like the topic, and I mean who doesn't love Edward Said? What a waste of day, especially considering I took tuesday off to do my journalism assignment and prepare of it
Actually, I'd regard it as a blessing - you get to work on your hand in report thing over the mid sem break. Though today was a bit shitty - I tried soooo hard to find a free puter to finish my assignment on and then my tutor said not to worry about it...

As for CC1 I love the lectures, and some of the concepts are actually interesting but I abhor the tutes and the assignments are time consuming.

My subject ranking would be:
1. WRIT
2. FRENCH
3. CIE
4. CC1
5. PCA

Last edited:

Rambles

HSC
Guys and girls, get stuck into it now, because as the semester drags on it will just get harder. First year at any university is nasty, especially a Comm degree at UTS :bomb:

One thing that may or may not help you, get stuck into the Library's online journal system. It is a godsend and a reference page filled with Academic Journal articles is always great. Plus, it gives you the chance to sit at home the night before and work till you finish. You ALL know thats going to happen!

One last thing, download the Endnote program from the library website. It integrates into Microsoft Word and you'll notice it whenever you open a word document at UTS. It lets you enter Quotation information into the program before formatting it into the Harvard System, ready to be copy/pasted into the Reference page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)