Communications:Roll Call!/Getting to know you! (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ok i'm offically fucked for CIE (as oppposed to be unofficially fucked). I have 24 hours to do this assignment. Opps.

I can't wait till this week is over, holidays hoorah!!!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
This CIE assignment is absolute crap. It is impossible to find good, relevant literature. I hate referencing!

It's so boring. I'm boring myself doing my own assignment! Good luck to the marker...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm screwed too - though I actually managed to find all the info I don't have enough time to digest then report on it.:(
lol, though since there is a substitute tutor this week for my class maybe its possible to confuse him/her on the due date...

"No no, see this outline Sir/Ma'am? It says week 8":p

EDIT:
Tragedy,
when the feelings gone and you can't go on
its tragedy
</3 all nighter

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ahhhh my cie report was complete shit. but it's finished, i've been, done, fucked up my pres and now i'm going to bed for3 hours and then starting cc1. :)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Thank the lord that is over. I have no idea if what I did was right, or relevant at all. Stupidest assignment ever.

Oh, I met Evan today. Koolest Kat around. I think he thinks I talk too much, especially in non-sensical circles, haha :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Thank the lord that is over. I have no idea if what I did was right, or relevant at all. Stupidest assignment ever.

Oh, I met Evan today. Koolest Kat around. I think he thinks I talk too much, especially in non-sensical circles, haha :)
Haha - *basks in Katty Koolness* and since when were we supposed to be talking sensically, this is communications remember.:p

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I have a completely stupid question.

For my CIE report, while I used the complete URL's in my in text referencing (because websites were primarily used as for economic facts), for my reference pages in the back I only cited the main page of the website (because I considered it as using the website as a whole).

Do you think this will cost me immensly during the marking process? I just realised I did this today and I'm kind of freaking out.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:

For my CIE report, while I used the complete URL's in my in text referencing (because websites were primarily used as for economic facts), for my reference pages in the back I only cited the main page of the website (because I considered it as using the website as a whole).

Do you think this will cost me immensly during the marking process? I just realised I did this today and I'm kind of freaking out.
Well you are supposed to give the exact URLs, but I think since this is everyone's first year they won't be too harsh *hopes*

HSC
snickerdoodle said:

I remember last year I put complete URLs in my intext referencing for CIE my tutor put "NO" for that. But that was a pass/fail assignment back then,so yeah...I'm not sure how much it would cost you, marks wise. But if you did everything else fine, it will work out well in the end. :) It's about overall marks.

And agreed. Referencing is a bitch. I'm so glad I'm done with CIE!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
charlie_charlie said:
I remember last year I put complete URLs in my intext referencing for CIE my tutor put "NO" for that. But that was a pass/fail assignment back then,so yeah...I'm not sure how much it would cost you, marks wise. But if you did everything else fine, it will work out well in the end. :) It's about overall marks.

And agreed. Referencing is a bitch. I'm so glad I'm done with CIE!
Oh, I just want to not fail! A pass would be fantastic lol.

Really really REALLY not looking forward to our Journalism field trip tomorrow.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey guys(well mainly girls lol), hope you're all enjoying the temporary freedom.:p

I found this link to the Sydney Writer's Festival, which some of you creative writers or journos might find interesting.:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Journo students should watch for the call out for reporters for Festival News.... it's a publication all about the Sydney Writers Festival written and published by UTS journalism students. A good opportunity for bylines, and maybe even to get to interview some of your favourite authors :)

scram_toots

HSC
God!
I am in year 12 this year and I'm going to apply for Pub. Comm.

Reading this has made me laugh tooo much.

I'm kind of glad I know what I am in for now!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Turns out the CIE report I was stressing out about got a HD. It was met with some extreme WTFage, but damn, I'm happy.

I'm afraid my PCA essay plan will not meet the same fate, as it sucks. How's everyone coping?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Congrats on the HD!:)
Only just starting the plan now...you can just tell I do things in advance:p

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Wow this thread is dead.

So... are there any first year humanities students that I will have the pleasure of meeting in some of my lectures/tutorials? I chose all the morning sessions. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm second year, but I'll be doing 2 first year subjects that I didn't complete last year. So it is likely I'll run into some of you new kids (even if I don't know it:p), I'll be doing Rethinking Culture and Colonialism & Modernity in the afternoon sessions by the looks of it.

shimmy&shine

HSC
I'm doing journalism, can't wait too meet all the new people. I met and talked to about four GIRLS on enrolment day. I stress 'girls' because no guys seem to be doing this course, lol! :p

One short blonde with a pixie crop, another taller girl with long hair in a pony tail and glasses, a brunette in a cute dress with her boyfriend, and an asian girl that sat next to me during the online enorlment. I've forgotten all their names except one, oops! I'm bad with names!

hi kami, hope to bump into you sometime. no 2nd years share classes with 1st years right?

hey hermzie, I went on your myspace, and I recognised some of your friends. lol, coincidence! :)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I only spoke with 1 girl at enrolment; our conversation pretty much died after 10 seconds, lol. I'm a good conversation killer. I'm pretty nervous about the course because no one from my school is doing it and I only vaguely know one girl doing it. Ah well.

hey hermzie, I went on your myspace, and I recognised some of your friends. lol, coincidence!
Oooh, who do you know?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
hi kami, hope to bump into you sometime. no 2nd years share classes with 1st years right?
I will, though only because I'm doing some of my subjects out of sequence. You'll get the occasional 2/3/4/5th year in your class who is in a similar situation. Mostly however there is no sharing because there is no reason for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)