Communism in Theory and Practice (1 Viewer)

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Can someone clarify these terms for me: theory and practice in relation to communism.
I probably need to know this for my half yearly exam on Monday... thanks!

Kittikhun

HSC
I think that the question is trying to ask you to explain the theory of Communism (what its ideas and principles are) and then to give examples on how people have tried to put the theory into practice throughout history (Communism is not very rosy when put into practice. Read about Stalin, the revolts in Hungary and Czechoslovakia by the people against Communism, the Chinese Cultural Revolution, Khmer Rouge etc. But then again, the US propping up dictators around the world, such as in Chile and the Congo, to prevent a Communist kind of government taking control over those countries wasn't that rosy too.).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As this is an HSC topic I am assuming that you are doing USSR/Russia and so the theory is the theory of communism as put forward by Marx, Lenin and Stalin mainly.

Then the practice is how the Soviets actually implemented communism such as Leninism, War Communism, NEP, Five Year Plans - how close to the theory were these aspects of Soviet policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)