Competition - low or high? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh...snap. That is a pretty awesome group. :p
Just a little bit scary, though. We don't have 'groups' like that. All the duxes of the subjects are spread out amongst the different groups.

bored of sc

HSC
Most of the people considered 'nerds' at our school are actually quite average at school work. Its weird.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
Most of the people considered 'nerds' at our school are actually quite average at school work. Its weird.
At my school, the group that I hang out and the other "nerd group" are the only competitors.

EDIT:

I would like to amend what I said above. It was just found out today that there are "undercover nerds" at my school. Got beaten in Business Studies by 0.5 mark. Someone who beat me is not actually undercover nerd since he usually comes 2nd in commerce every year but the difference between me and him was always large prior to year 11.

P.S I got 92% and he got 93% but I will beat him next time (hopefully).

Last edited:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Competition is just like it was last year, the undercover nerds are making it a bit different though.
I like the competition at my school personally, although theres only 21 kids in our year we have some really smart kids, you'd be pleasently surprised. ;)
I'm just determined to beat the undercover nerds!

catherinet

HSC
Not much of a difference here IMO.
There is definitely an increase in tension though.

bored of sc

HSC
actually, people at our school are starting to get competitive in every subject - except music :)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I so und what people mean....
like people are starting to take it seriously and the reason you're 'sinking' is because your motivation for coming first is shaken.

Get over it though...and try to kick their ass :D

abalia

HSC
I got beaten in Ancient History by people who rarely used to get above 80%... I got 23/25, they (more than 1) got 24. And, what's more, I've gone from being about the first person to finish assessment tasks and everyone saying 'Oh my god how can you have finished that already?' to 'Oh, I've already done it' when I'm still only halfway through.So I suppose there are undercover nerds. I'm definitely not as good as I used to be, though. I'm afraid I'm going to end up one of the people who spirals off in senior years.

hairspray

HSC
There are about 60-70 people doing business studies at my school, so in that course everyone is REALLY competitive. But its practically competitive in EVERY course, especially in science courses cos its the same group of people who does all the branches of science together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)