competitive sport and school (1 Viewer)

dragons_girl

HSC
hey
i was just wondering if anyone does any kind of competitive sport?
how do you balance your training and your school work?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I stopped playing competitive basketball in June, but i'll pick it up after the HSC.
Best thing to do is make up a timetable, allocating time for training, games, etc.

~~Jess~~

HSC
i played netball during winter but the season is only like 14 weeks long...not long enough :( and wasnt too concerned with study at that stage :p

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
dragons_girl said:
hey
i was just wondering if anyone does any kind of competitive sport?
how do you balance your training and your school work?

any help would be greatly appreciated
its easy man.....i play soccer on sundays, train 3 times a week and the rst of the week is studyin.....plus if u have played before u know that come october at the latest, the season's done and u dont need to train anymore for the next 4 months :D

if ur willing to sacrifice goin out every friday night or saturday night then it makes it even easier

dragons_girl

HSC
hey thanks for all the help
im a swimmer and im training a minimum of seven times a week so when i sit down to do home work and study all i can think about is sleeping
and i very rarely go out on a friday or saturday

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
swimming is probably one of the hardest to juggle, but i was trying to break into the telstra A series for athletics but i realised that i couldnt train 6 days a week and study for the hsc, so i had to put that back a year- very difficult when one of your squad (josh ross) goes to athens and you cant go and support them cos youve got hsc trails. I juggled them both for about half a year, but couldnt handle it. If youre still going strong then youve done really well, best of luck to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)