Competitive Sport During The Hsc - Should I Compete?? (1 Viewer)

snowflakelatte

HSC
ive been dancing (competitively) since i was 3, so it's all full on committment and i'm sposed to be competing straight after paper 2 on monday.

its a small comp and doesnt count overall, but its my last chance to compete before nationals so i dont kno what to do ...

pros about competing:
- i dont have any exams after paper 2 til friday
- last chance to perform before nats (which is important to me)
- if i win ... its the 7th year in a row :D

cons:
- if i enter, i have a 3 hour practice scheduled tomorrow night, when id be studying for paper 2
- the stress of competing (i havent prepared properly coz of hsc so i dont feel that ready)
- in the past when ive competed and done exams at the same time ive ended up too tired/stressed to study
- theres only one hsc, i do this comp every year

theres no penalty if i pull out n it wont affect my game overall that much ... any thoughts??

thanks!

FromDeeEast

HSC
ultimately its up to u, but seeing that ur ranks are pretty good, and dancing (same as any sport) is a good way to get away from the hsc pressure, I'd say go for it. but saying that if you dont feel ready for paper 2, and see that you could benefit from the study then you may as well study.

gl either way

snowflakelatte

HSC

dunno maybe ill bail on tomoz night and just decide how i feel after the exam ... then ill be able to study for paper 2 (its needed ... haha) :)

HSC
I'd say you should definitely compete. It'll probably get your mind off the HSC (so while you're dancing you hopefully won't be stressing about it).
But remember, it's ultimately up to you.

And really, what would you prefer to be doing: studying or dancing?! :)

samuel slack

HSC
I don't know. I find that if you compete in anything and you're not prepared and you don't feel prepared, then you either a) injure yourself (probably not a huge risk in dancing) or b) just stress yourself out because you don't perform to the best of your abilities. But if you enjoy doing it, do it. Compete and have fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)