compleed my associate degree. What are my chances get into uni (1 Viewer)

amandaWill

HSC
Hi, I have completed my 2 year associate degree in graphic design in a Sydney private college and my average mark is between Credit to Distinction. I want to try uni next year so I applied some uni (like UTS, ANU and Uni of Canberra) through UAC.

I have sent them my portfolio and my transcripts but I don't have high school result, I didn't do year 12 in here (I come from Sweden).

I think my portfolio is pretty good, a combination of 2D work plus some multimedia work. I'm pretty sure UTS won't take me so my current aim is UOC. I don't know about the reputation (people in Sweden don't even know UTS) does anyone know?

People say I will need to wait til Jan to know if I got an offer... but I also want to know if I got an offer, do I have to study the degree from semester 1 or skip some semester? How do I find out and who should I ask?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^I don't see why you would skip a semester unless you wanted to. Uni generally starts at March or late Feb, so plenty of time.

DanielJW

HSC
N/A
I'd say your chances are pretty good.

Just as an example:

I left high school after year 10 (about 8 years ago)
I'm 23 now. (So a mature age student)
I completed a diploma of IT (programming) after highschool

I applied for uni as a mature age student with nothing more than that diploma and a few years of work experience. The degree i applied for isn't even in the same field as the diploma (biomedical science).

I applied to 3 universities in my area, i got an offer from all 3.

It says you finished HSC in 2005? When is your DOB? You may be a mature age student as well. Universities treat mature age students differently than school-leavers.

I don't know how popular/competitive the degree you're applying for is, maybe it;s harder to get into than mine, but I wouldn't be worrying too much about it.

do I have to study the degree from semester 1 or skip some semester? How do I find out and who should I ask?
I'm not 100% what you mean here. Are you asking if you can get exemptions in the 1st semester because of your associates degree? You might be able to. I'm not sure. You'll need to consult the university to find out what exemptions you can get.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)