Completing combined law in 5 years afer transfer (1 Viewer)

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
If I transfer from my degree Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences at Usyd (it's a fancy name for a BA) into BA/LLB at Macquarie, will I still be able to finish my degree in the next four years without completing summer school? I've already finished one year of study in the BPESS degree and have completed 7 junior subjects and 1 senior subject but no law subjects.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
um it depends on the arts faculty if they apporve of ur units of study. If they do then that can contribute towards ur arts degree and then you can complete ur law degree in 5 years. However if they dont get apporve and you dont receive the minimum credit poinrs after 5 years for arts, then you would not finish within 5 years. You might finish a semester later but latest two semesters. How it works for transfer into second year is that second year is mostly law as you should have completed the required amount of study for 2nd year law student in the other degree if u already did that degree.

i.e. if i did arts 1st year and transferred into arts/law, i already did two years worth of content for the combined degree so in 2nd year my focus will be law. whereas a normal arts/law student does half the content of a normal arts student in 1st year and the other half in 2nd year.

from then 3rd,4th and 5th year are the same for everyone.

hope thats clear.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
Thanks for your detailed reply. I'm hoping that I'll still be able to gain credit for the subjects I've studied. I know that I will probably will for the subjects I've studied in Politics, Sociology and Industrial Relations but I am kinda worried about the political economy units I've studied. :p I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I hope all works out because the degree at Macquarie looks really awesome.

rajputsingh

HSC
You will most likely have to do summer school if you want to finish in the 5 years. At Mac you now have to do the people and planet units to graduate (they are pretty much two random subjects that are unrelated to our degree). Also, the law degree credit points have changed and you pretty much have to do 4 subjects a semester in years 4 and 5 (previously it was 3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)