Completing the rest of my HSC at tafe (1 Viewer)

juicyberries

HSC
Hi all,
In 2006 I completed 3 hsc subjects (Biology, English, PD/H/PE) and got OK marks for those. Now, in '09, I'm gonna go back and do another 2-3 subjects so I get the rest of the hsc finished.

Should I redo ALL of my HSC, that is, start afresh, or just do the remaining 2-3?

I'd really like to work part time but not sure how that would go with a full time HSC thing going on.

Also, if I do just the 2-3 subjects required, can I get RPL for the subjects i did almost 3 years ago?

Thanks ppl.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Depends what you're aiming for. First of all, what do you mean by OK marks? If you're wanting to go to university, then it might be better to redo it all if you need a fairly high UAI and your previous marks aren't that good. There's no guarantee you will do better, but that's up to you. If you don't want to go to university, then it wouldn't really matter what your marks were/are.

juicyberries

HSC
OK marks as in 60's? Come to think of it...that's actually pretty bad... I'm not really sure what course I want to get into. I've always had an interest in health/science and recently engineering.

xibeleli

HSC
To be honest with you anything <75 is pretty much useless if you want to do some health or engineering courses. At least 80 should be alright, so yes my suggestion is that you should redo all your courses again. Civic engineering and dietian are some good careers to your preference.

juicyberries

HSC
Thanks for your replies, guys.
I keep changing my mind as to what course I want to do. It'll either be Physio at UWS, Mechanical Engineering at UTS or Medical Radiation Sciences at USYD.
I'm 20 years old, so I'm unsure whether I can go to USYD next year on completion of my TPC.
I won't be 21 years old on or before March 1 in 2010. Is there a chance they'll still accept me?
If not, can I do the HSC at TAFE over 1 year? Will I be considered a 'current school leaver'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)