using the diagram from part i or just by solving for the roots of unity and and

now the expression can be simplified to cause

then we just sub in and in

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
what else could equal to?
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 12.55.16 pm.png
i was playing around with this on desmos and found out z1 can actually be an infinite number of complex numbers with argument less than pi/2 , all the complex numbers have a modulus of 1 as well, here is the desmos link (i spent a long time doing this in business studies) desmos link

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
what else could equal to?

You can argue geometrically that the sum of the squares of the distances remains unchanged (is invariant) when we rotate the figure anticlockwise until theta = 0 (your special case) or any other angle.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
View attachment 37090
i was playing around with this on desmos and found out z1 can actually be an infinite number of complex numbers with argument less than pi/2 , all the complex numbers have a modulus of 1 as well, here is the desmos link (i spent a long time doing this in business studies) desmos link
Nice diagram. But the 3 red lines must be equal in length, being radii of the unit circle.

Lith_30

o_o
HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 37090
interesting graph, have a look at this graph which probably shows the question better and also helps demonstrate what @Drongoski was saying about the anser being independent of the argument of z1.

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
interesting graph, have a look at this graph which probably shows the question better and also helps demonstrate what @Drongoski was saying about the anser being independent of the argument of z1.
oh woops i just tested my one with a circle of radius 1 and they arent all one ill try to fix it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)