composition performers (1 Viewer)

5c

HSC
where can u find ppl who can play ur compositions??
there's nobody in my school who can play ..
im looking for a piano/ violin

chepas

HSC
For the life of me I can't remember wherem, but there's actually a directory published somewhere and somehow of accompanist/performer people like that (for piano at least...), but this will start costing money... I'll try to find out more....

For mine, just tried to base them around what ensembles/instrumentalists we currently have at school, so one won't have to go finding a person who plays the bassoon, the shakuhachi or the zither 5 days before the thing is due to be handed in. - so that sort of alleviated the headache of the performance issue. If you can even play ur own compo urself, the two parts, and do some sort of techy thing and mix the two together - that could be somthing! Hehe.

ccgs_jono

A lot of people just use the computer composition software 'Sibelius' and then record it onto a CD, that'd be the easiest thing to do, but I don't personally wanna do that...I'll only resort to that if I'm struggling for time and it's the very last option. I'm gonna get professionals to play my comp but only because the recording is part of my internal assessment mark...(stupid school)...ummm can you try the Sydney Con??

chepas

HSC
Yeah - recording as part of the assessment is a bit dumb, because it depends what resources are at the schools' disposal and it could put some people at a disadvantage.

Try the Con as in getting some musos? Yeah probably. For your piano/violin part you'd have no trouble finding people, I reckon, there. But this is the Con we're talking about - aiming to be professionals therefore could be available at professional prices. It'd be excellent though, especially if you can get them up to your recording studio! It seems like a lot of work for nothing though, as the recording,according to the syllabus "is not judged on its quality but rather just to display the candidate's intentions", and is not really marked, except as you say in the internal assessment.

Shoving it onto Sibelius is probably what I'd do for my fugue for the elective 2U. Doesn't really require too much effort. But for a violin and piano it'd sound absolutely shite, depending on how good your MIDI thing is. Hehe.

Anyway, good luck with your quest!

chepas

HSC
For your comp performers, maybe there's someone you can find on the uni forums, or even here? Like a service to buy in the 'Buy/Sell' thing... Got to be a few souls that are good musos around here :D

5c

HSC
Originally posted by chepas
For your comp performers, maybe there's someone you can find on the uni forums, or even here? Like a service to buy in the 'Buy/Sell' thing... Got to be a few souls that are good musos around here :D
hey hey!!
good idea..
let me do dat now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)