Composition portfolios for Music 2 (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
hey guys. ok, basically i've finished my composition, but i have my diary due in tomorrow and i've written nothing in it. Infact i headed down the road 5 minutes ago to BUY the diary at my newasgency. What would give me a good mark for my composition diary? i know i have to show some sort of progress in it ...

does stuff like ticket stubs, random listening to cds without any good analysis .. for example saying stuff like "i like the intense rhythms in the bass .. gosh, its overwhelming and it really drives the piece forward". will that get me any marks?
What else do i have to put in besides listening and drafts of my composition?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
How did I miss this thread!

Well I suppose its too late now, but yes, its like EE2 or drama, anything that stimulates your creative process is excellent!

Your thoughts and reflections on your compositions are also useful...

How did you go anyway?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
"Composition Diary" isn't a literal term...
different from the stuff at the con andrew.

in my hsc, for my school assessment those stimili things were perfectly acceptable.

best to ask the teacher i suppose

Last edited:

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Go take a look at the HSC syllabus~
my teacher told me to write it like a diary showing the steps by which your composition came into place. Also showing changes made, ideas abandoned for better ideas, other compoisitions that you might have done in the past, inspiration from other pieces.

Chuck everything that had the slightest contact with you to your musical life, and take inspiration anf influence from it.

You're better off saying what you like and dislike and what you will take from pieces that you've listened to.
t's not a musicology exam so it's okay to waffle on a bit if it suits you.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
At my school, we were expected to keep a record of all our drafts (with dates and stuff on them), which comprised our "diaries". The use of diaries are to give the internal marker a general idea of your compositional approach, and to give the Board evidence that the work is truly original.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
At my school, we were expected to keep a record of all our drafts (with dates and stuff on them), which comprised our "diaries". The use of diaries are to give the internal marker a general idea of your compositional approach, and to give the Board evidence that the work is truly original.
The threadstarter appears to already know that. We're talking about other stuff, and stimulus could support where the concept came from.

AmenoKitarou

HSC
I just recieved my mark for my Porfolio for Music 2~!!!!

10/10....FULL MARKS!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)