• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

composition..? what composition...? (2 Viewers)

chepas

HSC
It's ARGH time now...

Shit, cuttin it fine skankit! Good luck. Your library should be able to do it, the lady at ours did and it's all fine... maybe even if they're open before 8.59:59 tomorrow morning...

Talking of cutting it fine, gee I can talk...

OH MY GOD....

I'm still up writing crap in my portfolio/portfolii. How lovingly illegal. :rolleyes:.

but FINISHED!!! BUt I still think it's not finihsed yet. Doh. Though I suppose I'll feel better once I've given them all to my teacher and they're away from me forever, never again to be thought of by my self.

I have to be up in 4 hours 40 minutes. Early rise to get to school early to rehearse and accompany some music 1 studnets who have their pracs tmorow/today argh. I will be as dead as a chicken schnitzel.

ARGH!!!!! FRIGGING COMPUTER CUT OFF THE LAST 3.5 SECONDS OF A MIDI RECORDING!!! What is there to do? I need those seconds!!!! Oh hell...

Maybe I can play it back and mic a computer up at school.... all before 9am... hURAY...

Last edited:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hey does anyone know when the core composition is due?? because my teacher's away on marking and theres no one to collect our compos :S hmm...

chepas

HSC
Oooh.. They all had to be in today, electives, extensions, cores, music 1s music 2s etc...

They need to be at the thingo BOS centre at Maryong (I think) by Xpm Monday the 13th.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
TODAY?!?

do u think i will be excused though?? i couldnt help it.. flights cancelled.. etc etc

skankit

my music teachers away on marking too, we just had to get one of the crappy other teachers to collect them. she was really late, but oh well, at least theyre handed in...

if i were you id ring the BOS and ask them NOW

chepas

HSC
I mean, if you just hand them into your teacher 'under the table' especially if it was because you weren't in the state when they were due :D. Like, they have a week to send them in, so a bit sort of hush hush :rolleyes:.... either that or yeah, ring BOS haha. Maybe even illness/misadventure? Mmm...

Does it actually say anything on a piece of tablet and stone where they have to be in at by 9.00am and not a second later on the date they're due? Because if you were there today sometime, would it still be a problem if you were late by a few hours?

Last edited:

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Crikket said:
what do you mean bind?
you have to bind your comps??!?!

i did mine in the morining at the office - the ofice lady didnt know how to use the binding machine so i had to do it myself!! hehe but thats ok - i made some extra copies - so i can send them to the con cos im gona apply for bmus in composition. yay

skankit

i wish i could do composition, but i really hate avant garde, like, with a passion. i wish theyd let you do other types of composing, but they dont (bastards)

good luck with getting in!! do many people apply for composition?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
woah the con, i wish i could get in but they only accept 2 bass players... :(
what other unis are you applying for?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
WOO!!!!!
I wrote my core in 3 weeks = my music teacher is in total love with it. Hahaha, I guess it's experimental dont you think? Music written under pressure.

I also wrote my elective in 2 days = my music teacher is scared about that one. But then said, "you know what? It kinda grows on you. Very original"

Either my music teacher has just no idea.... hmmm

And no I don't slack off. Doing visual BOW & eng ext 2 BOW, and compositions for music extension... hmmm... Technically thats 2 months on each composition if i worked 24 hours a day.

Don't worry. You'll be fine. If I think I'll be fine, so will you...

How reasurring hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)