compositions (1 Viewer)

MUS2

What did people use as their focus for their compositions? How do you think they turned out???

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my topic was piano duet [small ensemble] - IMO, i hate it :D
everyone else thinks it's ok, though. i didn't intend for it to turn out like that, but in the end i called it "kayla's lullaby" because my teacher said the title should reflect the tone/mood of the piece O____o;; [kayla's my baby sister]

it is soooooo gay ;D and yours?

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
I wrote my piano composition at 2 in the morning, the day it was due. solo, "impressionist improvisational" piece, recalling Satie's lack of bar lines (in his Gnossiennes); and a lack of whole sense of timing, based on 20th century indeterminacy.

fuck I hope they buy such bullshit. haha, :D

MUS2

mine was australian art music. so it used a whole heap of classical references and was classical based. Slow. As a whole not too bad

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
i wrote mine for my friend who died last year. she had cystic fibrosis and was my best buddy. i just thought what better inspiration could i have?!!

it's a duet for piano and clarinet.

she was a dancer, so i was gonna write a piece that sounded like a music box (soft, delicate, etc etc) but it wasnt working for me. so i wrote one that depicted her life. it was fast (she was running around the place all the time) and gradually got slower as she got sicker, and had a sudden but still graceful end. i thought it was a good idea, a little disappointed with how it sounds, the recording i made was kinda dodgy (very rushed job, recorded in an hour!) I'm just glad it's over!!

I called it "until the bubble bursts" cos
1- she loved bubbles, and
2- it also depicted her life (floating around, and then she was gone, just like how a bubble will suddenly burst)

i think naming it was one of the hardest parts cos i didnt want ppl to laugh at it, especially cos most ppl who listened to it at school wouldnt understand why i wrote it. but if u think about it, it does fit.

i guess its like program music, teling a story.....etc etc. i dunno, i just wrote the notes!!

parko :D

ps- gloria* nice effort! 2 in the morning is pretty good timing! i thought mine was late at 3 days b4 it had to be finished!! hahaha

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
*laughs in off-hand manner in an attempt to cover the sense of impending doom*

-- DOOM.

cakes

hi
HSC
i composed for flute, clarinet and violin. i used a one bar motif and that is played through the whole thing (yeah i was lazy) and theres a melody... lol
heh

the recording was dodgy as too lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)