Compositions (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
chepas: Angelfire doesn't allow deep linking so you can't actually access a file on their server like that... have to give the link to a page on server to click on file... stupid, I know.
#18? I'm lost...

Jase, if the question was aimed at me, I play piano.

I might record my own compositions when I make one worth the bother :p
My playing is still rather woefully inadequate.

Jase

HSC
wow, where'd you get the choir from lol.
are you french?

Theyre both very excellent chepas, the extension 1 creeps me out though... especially because of all the accidentals and the crazy french and background vocals. ahh..

Estel, how many years have you been playing?
Record it! i was just wondering if you played violin as well..

olay

HSC
hey hey very cool comps again, chepas. i think my fave of them all is ur musext02 one and the cute core one :D

estel, i don't think you can attach files other than pictorials from what i can see.... i could be wrong. but yeah :)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Jase: 2.5 years... I'm a newbie... all my compositions would probably be learnable for me, except D16... [Yes I do index my works :p]

I've rendered some of my works on computer so it sounds a tiny bit better than the midi, and replaced the violin with flute because quite frankly the violin sound fonts I've got are retarded... so I'm not too desparate to play my compositions until I produce something worthwhile...

Olay: zip them, try again... whatever... I just want to hear them! :p

chepas

HSC
#22 Jase - I do French and I thought it would be fun teaching a choir how to pronounce it, which it was, as well as amusing, (but got very annoying closer to the date when it needed to be recorded). I saw this poem while going through anthologies at the State Library and then this sun/moon concept came... Hurray for the 19th century as well... The choir: It's our school choir, in which the term 'choir' is applied very loosely. It was really good about two years ago when it was mostly my year and seniors, and well balanced etc with people who could sing, but now all of them left/graduated, so the teacher's left with starting at grass roots again, the result is a lot of timid juniors :D. I had a lot of the year 12s that used to do choir but quit becaause of year 12, but for some reason they didn't stand near the microphones when I recorded it :mad:.

#23 Olay - I think you can get around that filetype restriction by making a .Zip archive of whatever files you want then posting it as an attachment (limit of 97.7kb though).

Also that Angelfire things a bit of a bummer, well for pictures anyway, that deep-linking thing doesn't seem to work for pictures :(. But 'save target as' works for my friend who tried it.

OK.... anyone else with their comps? :D I wonder how many other people chose comp for extension...

chepas

HSC
Estel said:
... replaced the violin with flute because quite frankly the violin sound fonts I've got are retarded..
Yeah what is up with dodgy midi cards/computer sound thingos? When you say 'Flute' it sounds like a Violin and when you say 'Violin' you get an alto cat? I got that a lot with my old prog, it was frustrating (but kinda funny.), especially when you have jolly 12 bar blues jazz arrangement kind of things and the piano sounds like a cross between a recorder and a harpsichord.

Technology, bah. :p

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
chepas your comps are great, i love them! whats cool is youve got this great personal style emerging, like u can hear the connection between all the comps.. anyway well done, youre gonna go great! (what with the awesome french and german mark ull get on top of music!)
oh and estel the link wouldnt work for me for some reason so i couldnt hear yours.. is there any other way to hear them?
ill post mine up if someone tells me (chepas however u put urs up should work cos mine are in sib. too, pls excuse my ignorance and tell me how i do that??)
mine are my ext comps, which i did in 2 weeks, hehe.. rushed but they'll do! id post up my 2unit core one from last yr but i lost it when the comp crashed..dammit

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i duno how to put my composition up - well i have it on a cd and md, which is a start... now what do i do?? how do i put it on my computer? then how do i post it on this thread? rahhhh sorry im no good with computers and stuff

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Bah I was running the assumption you were lazy like me and type up your comps. instead of writing it out :p

If you have some sort of recording device you can play it and record the file, convert to mp3 and zip it for BOS....

chepas

HSC
Instructions for zipping scores from Sibelius/Cakewalk/Finale/MIDIs etc...

1) Make a Winzip file archive thing. Put in this any .sib, finale etc and MIDI files, but no MP3s as they will be too big. This can't be more than 97.7kb as that's the BOS' restriction.

1a) To do this, go to Winzip (hopefully you should have this, one of the basic computer things nowadays).

1b) Go to 'File'

1c) Go to 'New Archive'

1d) A dialogue box comes up asking you to make a name for the new zip file, forexample twounitcompo.zip or something.

1e) Another dialogue box comes up, and then you add your first file into the new zip file. Select this.

1f) To add more files, click on the big 'Add' button and add more files.

1g) It saves/compresses automatically, so there's no 'Save/Save As' etc..

2) Post the new .zip as an attachment in the "Post Reply" way of posting a reply

3) Et voila`, on the net forever.

Posting MP3s somewhere...

1) I have no idea! Maybe there's a kind sould that's willing to sacrifice their bandwith to host the file. I just got a free Angelfire account and that seems to be working, linking to the file and then to download it from the link right-clicking and going 'Save Target As' etc....

------

Hey erin! You did ext comp? Cool! Shall be waiting in anticipation...

... also for other comps :D :rolleyes: :eek:ther relevant smileys:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I can host all midis/pdfs on my site...
EDIT: I will host mp3 but I would convert the file to 20kbps WMA files which sound reasonable for sampling (i.e. As good as 64-96mp3's I'd say)
(optusnet account= deep linking)
So if that's a problem, I can deal with it :p

Last edited:

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
haha thanks dude, for explaining all that. I only just came across this thread again now, soz for the delay. Anywho, heres my comps.. enjoy :D hehe. theyre way cliched... but thats what u have to deal with when ur a dummkopf like me and start 2 weeks before.

1st attatchment sibelius, 2nd one is midi i believe..

Last edited:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
damn i wanna hear yours estel but the links won't work. is it because it's been too long?
but i've only just discovered this thread!!! :(
lol
i'd post mine up except people might get a little freaked out :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
and chepas, i cannot believe you composed that!
wow, i bow down to you oh master of hsc music comps! (no offense to anyone, but i haven't had a chance to hear anyone else's because either the link won't work, or you didn't put yours up!) :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
sorry for repeatedly posting
but i just heard estels and all i can say is
OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh
eeeeeeee wow
that's pretty pro!
WHy on earth did you not do music?!?!?!
this comp is rocking (in a classical kinda way) :)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Good stuff ez...

Crikket: why didn't I do music? pragmatic reasons. I'm bad at music and much better at other subs.
I guess looking back I would've picked it for prelim, and dropped it for HSC. Very happy with my subs now, only thing I'd change is SOR for philosophy... ah well, all good.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
Well I do Music 1 sadly... the one which gets scaled down. My school didn't offer Music 2 at all! :(

One of my electives was 'Technology and its Influence on Music'. This is my composition for that elective, "Expectations", which unfortunately has me singing in it. It goes for 4 minutes on the dot! (which is the maximum time for Music 1 compositions) I really want to re-record it after HSC as I sort of ran out of time with the other two compositions I was working on at the same time. I figure I'll spend a lot of time composing after HSC. I can't wait. :D

MP3 (3.66MB):
http://members.optusnet.com.au/madx/djgerber-expectations.mp3

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
Crikket said:
(no offense to anyone, but i haven't had a chance to hear anyone else's because either the link won't work, or you didn't put yours up!) :D
mine are there too!

Estel

Tutor
HSC
DJ: Music 1 might scale poorly, but considering the candidature, it shouldn't be too difficult to come near/at the top (with enough work) hence countering scaling. (i.e. scaling is supposed to make things fair)

heh they were 1 student short of a class at my school. I didn't put it as a pref. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)