Computer needed? (1 Viewer)

Eliza B

hey there

Hopefully I will be able to get into Visual Communications at UTS this year, however, I was wondering if anyone knew whether I would need a laptop or PC of my very own for this course? And if I would require cable internet to download programs?

Also is the bachelor of Design in visual communications a female dominated course, much like other design courses are?

Cheers

Eliza

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i don't think any courses in the design faculty at uts need a computer, cos you have access to the 'state-of-the-art' computer labs there, which have tons of programs and are like, really really good macs (you know liek the latest model and stuff)

you have plenty of time to do work at uni, and also during your days off (unless you work) and the labs close at like 10pm anyway, and like midnight when assignments are due and stuff.

and i think the only female dominated course in the dab is fashion..maybe interior a bit as well.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmm
design is getting less girly these days. i'd say it was around about 50/50, but maybe weighted just a tiny bit towards girls (or at least in my year anyway).
(trivia: there are only 4 guys in the entirity of first year (well, now second year i guess) fashion).

i have my own computer, but alot of the work (at least in first year) is done with an emphasis on hand-made things, or at least stuff that isnt entirely digital. you'd be fine working on the computers in the labs there, but it would probably be good if you had access to a computer at home, too (be it a family machine or whatever).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)