computer part wars... (1 Viewer)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
wat would be a good recommendation for a ok comp system? cuz like u have cheap amds and all and then intel has the whole good name thing and yea... also ... wen prices drop for those amd64 thingys.. is it better to get them.. will they be makin anymore faster athlons? also.. wat would be a good motherboard for amd and intel cpus... i have always bought gigabyte motherboards and like i like em but meh...

so any suggestions...
ooh and graphics card too.. they have the geforcefx 5900 (U?) for like under 300 and im wonderin if thats good... and like umm there are all these diff vers of like radeon cards.. with like pro.. and xt and what not... what would be a good one to get that doesnt cost like heaps and heaps...

umm yea/... :D :confused:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
go to www.cworld.com.au its the cheapest prices in Australia except for graphics cards ... The shops in Parra

ok comp system! all excellent quality components ...

>>P4 2.8ghz $270
>>gigtabyte mobo with da lot $150
>>2x256mb pc2700 or pc3200 RAM $110-150
>>case with psu 350w (antec is good) $130-$165
>>graphics cards, get ati radeon 9600/9800 pro over nvidia 5700/5900 ... $250-500
>>Seagate hdd 120gb SATA $150
>>dvd drive $50
>>dvd rw +- 8x $200
>>floppy $20
>>sound card - on mobo or sb range (audigy platinum is great) $60-299 depending on which one...
>>monitor 17" LCD for about $750, CRT for about $250+

final about $1500 w/o monitor

>>amd 64bit, derz really not any use atm bcoz windows xp only runs on 32 bit ... so you'll have 2 w8 for a new OS to take full advantage, der also very expensive ...
>>ati over nvidia atm... pro is better den xt

hope this helped...

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
remember nvidia 5900XT is best value card right now

~FX5900 speed at 1/2 the price.

you can get it for around $250

assuming you not going to launch straight into the few new dx9 games

Athlon64 is good if you play games, but the mobos are expensive. So i would recomend northwood p4 right now.

personally i would wait till btx systems are released, due to low noise levels and smaller form factor.

But in IT world there is not usually much point in waiting

Last edited:

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
www.computertarget.com.au

we get a good discount from here cause dads such a frequent shopper :D but his prices are good and the service can't be faulted. They also go to the PC fair in North Rocks.. where cheap stuff abounds. :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Ive looked at them too - bit expensive tho compared to shops nearby.
But if you can get the discount why not i guess.

Other places ive looked at, and are still more expensive compared to www.fluidtek.com.au include :

www.diymarket.com.au
www.beecom.com.au
www.gamesdude.com.au (in QLD - mail order only if your in sydney obviously)

You also gotta look out if your not paying cash - apparantly the shopkeeper or whatever - has the right to add up to 5% if your using a credit card to cover for bank charges on their behalf.
Some places charge 3%, some charge the full 5, and some charge nothing.
So if your out to buy a full system, take into account if you gotta pay an extra 5% - that is - unless you walk into shops with a few thousand in your pocket. :p

Last edited:

asdf

HSC
wouldn't recomend gamedude. They are a reall pain when it comes to RMAing computer hardware. Took this guy 6 months to get his faulty video card replaced by them. Took me 4-5 months to get my faulty burner replaced. They would ignore most of my emails untill i mentioned "ACCC"...lol after 4 days of that email they sent me a faster burner! :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
beecom's cheap, but i think cworld is cheaper... n they have better service...
my friend got a computer from beecom and they did the old switcheroo on him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)