Computer Science GenED Question (1 Viewer)

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
Hey guys,

question about my computer science degree. I can't figure out how many Science (GENS) geneds i'm allowed to do.

I've done one gen-ed so far and it was from faculty of science (GENS), i've got 2 more geneds left in my degree and want to do them from GENS also, am I allowed to do this ?

I tried emailing tim lambert but no reply.

Thanks

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
ianc said:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad/current/gened.html

it says computer science students shouldn't take general education courses from the faculty of science at all.......but seeing you already have they probably don't care too much......

i'd ring them to find out if i were you

I read that, but it says that in the "Substituting general education for other subjects", so I took that as you can't substitute a gened for a course in the faculty of science - but you can actually take gen-eds from the faculty of science.

ahh why is this so confusing !

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah, sorry i misread it.

sometimes for general education people simly take a course from a different faculty instuead of doing one of the GEN courses. However what it's saying here is that you can't pick a normal science course and use it as part of your general education.

So this means the GENSxxxx (general education courses from the faculty of science) are fine

sunny

meh.
HSC
I've done GENS subjects and its fine.

GENSxxxx are "not available to combined Computer Science/Bachelor of Science (program 3983) students "

Its referring to comp sci/BSc students, not straight comp sci students.

cyrax83 said:
i've got 2 more geneds left in my degree and want to do them from GENS also
That won't be allowed as it'll break the generic gened rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)