Comsoc Elections (1 Viewer)

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
if u have that system, then cumunity wouldnt even have a team considering their pres, VP, secretary, half of their social and pretty much the rest of the team havent been to any comsoc events (camp, cruise, sports day and the up coming ball) in this year and hence would be regarded as ..non active.
Hey guys, this forum is full of campaigners with one sided views. Could you also post up the party that you are campigning for in your post please.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
yeah comsoc doesnt have much money so there is an incentive to get a cut from eco comp's funding. so i think disaflliating would be tops. that way eco comp can acutalli have a answering machine so no more loose paper flying around the office. plus comsoc office is not exactly in working condition

and minai thanks for the offer, i am pretty sure when the time comes i will harras you, bamboo and matt a lot ahha
hey, next year's ecocomp will be pretty good team, those first years seem really keen, plus you'll get help from julie and myself. in 2004, there was only two first years who helped out and lin came for the PE. This year we had more, and they can be trained to run it by the time they hit third year.

Shawny

lol

not tat campaigning here does anyting with mat the RO, minai the mod, seraphim, the cynic- bambul and the critic sarah making up almost every post

= we're the only one whos read it?

fidel_castro

HSC
Bambul, ironically, I can shed some light in regards to the AGM system to be used with COMSOC. Two months back, a friend and I discussed about running our own party against these current two with the sole purpose of changing it to the AGM system. However, with the lack of support and the reeking of ignorance in the FCE, we refrained from it.

However, one of the execs of DRIVE approached us, and right now, in return for our campaigning services in the past month, they have promised they will look into reverting it to the AGM system at the end of their term (they, too, are sick of what's happening.)

Matt, I heard about the whole weekend ordeal. It must be friggin tough being head RO =\

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
fidel_castro said:
However, one of the execs of DRIVE approached us, and right now, in return for our campaigning services in the past month, they have promised they will look into reverting it to the AGM system at the end of their term (they, too, are sick of what's happening.)
it's an election promise. try to hold them to their word. though, i fear, it may be in vain.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
i highly doubt they would change the system if it led them to win.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
quick question pplz.
Will the winning party know who have voted or not voted?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
They won't know who voted fo who, cauz itz a secret ballot.

Fuck I got pressured into votin :(

But I made a donkey vote, so thatz good enough.

tempco

HSC
LMF^^ said:
They won't know who voted fo who, cauz itz a secret ballot.

Fuck I got pressured into votin :(

But I made a donkey vote, so thatz good enough.
did he/she bribe you with "benefits"? :p

i voted too. seeing that i have no idea what comsoc does, i would've preferred voting being open to "active" members. i'm sure there are many in my position. :rolleyes:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
tempco said:
did he/she bribe you with "benefits"? :p

i voted too. seeing that i have no idea what comsoc does, i would've preferred voting being open to "active" members. i'm sure there are many in my position. :rolleyes:
The election iz a joke. If you're Asian and look like a com student you get swarmed.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
The election iz a joke. If you're Asian and look like a com student you get swarmed.
even if you're busy, holding a folio and letters, and in a suit and tie, you get swamped.

damn those cute campaigning girls. any other day, i would but... >.<

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Frigid said:
even if you're busy, holding a folio and letters, and in a suit and tie, you get swamped.

damn those cute campaigning girls. any other day, i would but... >.<
haha, so tempting. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If you're Asian, you vote fo Community.

If not, you vote Drive.

They need girlz wit big titz to advertise, I'm sure you can get a lot mo votez that way. But I gotta give it to the girl who talked me into votin, she talked to me non-stop fo 2 minz az we walked to the buildin. Not that I listened to her, but I waz just amazed that she can talk so fast and so much.

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
fidel_castro said:
Bambul, ironically, I can shed some light in regards to the AGM system to be used with COMSOC. Two months back, a friend and I discussed about running our own party against these current two with the sole purpose of changing it to the AGM system. However, with the lack of support and the reeking of ignorance in the FCE, we refrained from it.

Matt, I heard about the whole weekend ordeal. It must be friggin tough being head RO =\
It's pretty safe to say that an AGM system will never happen.

Eagles said:
quick question pplz.
Will the winning party know who have voted or not voted?
Nope. All ballots and record sheets will be destroyed by the RO's as their final duty.

LMF^^ said:

If not, you vote Drive.

They need girlz wit big titz to advertise, I'm sure you can get a lot mo votez that way. But I gotta give it to the girl who talked me into votin, she talked to me non-stop fo 2 minz az we walked to the buildin. Not that I listened to her, but I waz just amazed that she can talk so fast and so much.
Some of the executive candidates are able to talk for hours and hours if you give them the incentive to. I know this first hand >_<

tempco

HSC
LMF^^ said:

If not, you vote Drive.
i thought it was the other way around?

heaps of first year comm students wore drive shirts. heaps.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:

If not, you vote Drive.

both teams are asians... CommUnity is more 2nd yrs, Drive more 1sts.

i got cornered by 3 CommUnity chicks today at the steps outside Scientia...

Chick 1: Excuse me, can you vote for...

Me: Sorry, I've got to go deliver these [letters in my hand] by midday. kthxbai.

Chicks: ...

moral of the story: don't disturb a busy asian guy in a suit.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
tempco said:

well.. their shirts do look kinda cool.. the teal/blue ones..

tempco

HSC
Eagles said:
well.. their shirts do look kinda cool.. the teal/blue ones..
some drive-peeps alter their shirts too... like that chick that tried to convert you when we were playing tekken. how can people be bothered to do that though? hardcore dedication... :rolleyes:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
tempco said:

i think drive has a lot more first years (and louder ones too) cuz they all met them at commerce camp, that particular first year group do almost evything together, so if one is in, so is the rest. then onwards, they also went to cruise and sports day together, and will be going to the ball together. its like on gigantic famili

and yeah matt, agree with shawny, this thread is hardly campaigning..

tempco said:
some drive-peeps alter their shirts too... like that chick that tried to convert you when we were playing tekken. how can people be bothered to do that though? hardcore dedication... :rolleyes:
cuz the shirts are usually XXL...and they come down to ur knees...... and the girls are sorta dressed to impresss....the voters ahha

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
both teams are asians... CommUnity is more 2nd yrs, Drive more 1sts.

i got cornered by 3 CommUnity chicks today at the steps outside Scientia...

Chick 1: Excuse me, can you vote for...

Me: Sorry, I've got to go deliver these [letters in my hand] by midday. kthxbai.

Chicks: ...

moral of the story: don't disturb a busy asian guy in a suit.
So you wear a suit huh, that can be ezily spotted. :)

Community have mo Asianz, but commerce iz full of Asianz anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)