Comsoc Elections (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck with the Ball, Lin! You're almost done... :)

Shawny

to ushouldsmile:

1- are u saying that the newly elected 14 execs or any team of execs for that matter are incapable of running the show to the content of commerce students in a rational sense?

2- perhaps u'd like to lead the way in making comsoc a more accountable, legitimate, positive and efficient organisation which geniunely contributes to the experience of commerce students, the kind of organisation we all like to see. I say that seeing u say that ur an active member of comsoc, perhaps u'd like to inform us of what position u actually are involved with and what initiatives you have in mind taking into mind the existing situations of fiscal and labour constraints.

3. suggestion to Lin on behalf of seemingly quite a few com students, pass this onto ur drive buddies- i think we'd prefer seeing more communicatoin from comsoc in our unimails in regards to social/career events rather than from FCE. The more the merrier

E3k0

HSC
N/A
oh comon we all know these policies are a load of shit

by this time next year, u'll see nothing except the bare minimum has been fulfill (Comm cruise and ball).

online notes sharing? lmao

don't try to correct me, history repeats itself

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Shawny said:
3. suggestion to Lin on behalf of seemingly quite a few com students, pass this onto ur drive buddies- i think we'd prefer seeing more communicatoin from comsoc in our unimails in regards to social/career events rather than from FCE. The more the merrier
yes will do.

mashi

Elite
HSC
Shawny said:
k lets just be happy and say alrite its the system and we can't change it

wat i dont get is why do u need to be such dirty mutha fukers in a shitty small town election of nothingness e.g. comsoc elections to ur peers and in thsi years case former friends

and i mean this gets seriously dirty man
- setting up ppl in order to get rule violations so that one party(community) gets banned from campaigning for X number of hours

Hey Shawny who set up who and what happened?

Last edited:

fidel_castro

HSC
The Guild election thread reached 95 posts at its death.

The Student Guild, who look after the welfare of all students on campus and probably have around 15 times more impact than COMSOC.

This thread just reached over 100 posts.

More people participated (vote wise) in the COMSOC elections than in the Guild elections.

What does this say about the intelligence of UNSW students?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Newbie: i'm guessing so - hes pretty passionate about this whole uni politicis thing.

So the bottom line is.. COMSOC can't do anything for us unless we help, and we despise COMSOC since we don't see what they do for us - its a never-ending cycle.

And the communications bit can be improved on alot. How hard is it for COMSOC to send out an email once in a while? I'm sure between the 14 execs, its not impossible to write a brief email outlining the current events and happenings.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
t-i-m-m-y said:
And the communications bit can be improved on alot. How hard is it for COMSOC to send out an email once in a while? I'm sure between the 14 execs, its not impossible to write a brief email outlining the current events and happenings.
Lol the only events are the cruise, camp and the ball (to the best of my knowledge). i doubt that anything educational will come to fruition. just look at how ridiculous some of the policies are; it's a lot of false promises based on the 2nd hand information. eg 3rd yr pass. for god's sake, you dont even need a business finance pass (which is theyre first pass priority). its a damm soft subject: divert pass funds to actl1001!!!!!

ushuldsmile

HSC
N/A
Timmy - it doesnt have to be a never ending cycle, everyone jus needs to do their part

Timmy and Shawny - Also, i know sarah raised this point, but communication is a problem because Comsoc is NOT allowed to have everyone's student emails. The only emails they have is wot is collected during O-week. Also, FCE does not want Comsoc spamming students so this is why Comsoc is limited to how many emails they can even send. I know the website is poor, but compared to other years its gold. Comsoc is improving regardless of what everyone thinks, its jus needs time and people. . !

Shawny:

1 - no, that is not wot im saying, im saying that with a team of 14-15 execs, there is a max amount of students they can cater for, but with more help they could reach all students.

2- i do volunteering work for Comsoc, i was involved in a few social events and career seminars.Which was a very good learning experience. I believe that sponsorship is a major factor that will change your views on comsoc, last year they raised no funds, this year i know they have raised atleast $5k maybe even more. With this extra funding, i believe that comsoc will look "more accountable, legitimate, positive and efficient organisation" in your eyes.

Things a getting better guys, just dont think it will become perfect over night...and if you are actually concerned you should help out. . .simple as that!

E3k0

HSC
N/A
ushuldsmile said:
2- i do volunteering work for Comsoc, i was involved in a few social events and career seminars.Which was a very good learning experience. I believe that sponsorship is a major factor that will change your views on comsoc, last year they raised no funds, this year i know they have raised atleast $5k maybe even more. With this extra funding, i believe that comsoc will look "more accountable, legitimate, positive and efficient organisation" in your eyes.

Things a getting better guys, just dont think it will become perfect over night...and if you are actually concerned you should help out. . .simple as that!

and i'm sure u wont be mentioning this volunteering work on ur resume/cv

after all u're just doing it cos u're passionate about comsoc and passionate about helping fellow comm eco students ^^

Shawny

$5k already?

u talking bout the team that was voted in last yr

or the team tat was voted in like this week in regards to the 5k raised

as for comsoc not allowed to get our emails
- so the organisation that is meant to represent our interests, the organisation for commerce students, OUR organisation, can't dissimate relevant information when required? perhaps thats something else the new team should look into then

now lets see how many promises and initiatives are carried out by Drive this year, we'll give em a chance and sometime to get started. I think we all wanna see if what drives us drives them as well

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
E3k0 said:
and i'm sure u wont be mentioning this volunteering work on ur resume/cv

after all u're just doing it cos u're passionate about comsoc and passionate about helping fellow comm eco students ^^
Nihit aut nihil. What's wrong with mentioning it on your CV? There's absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning something worthwhile on your CV, and that's the entire point. Volunteering for Comsoc is WORTHWHILE and if an added benefit to that was to be able to put that on your CV, how is that so wrong?

I really can't see your point. You're ranting against Comsoc, and yet you're also ranting against the people who are trying to help it. Sure, they might not have completely noble motives, but who cares about their motives? They're at least trying to help Comsoc... I don't know on how much YOU do, so i can't comment on that.

I for one would like to point out that we should keep an open mind about these things. Sure, past history has shown that election promises may not be kept, but that's certainl no reason to bag out the new team before they even start. I won't even start on the sheer injustice of that.

As for the current year's team, i think they are doing a great job. I don't say this because i'm friends with a good number of them, but i say this because i know of the hardships that they had to go through. Hardships that they don't advertise to make themselves look good. For that, i have respect for them.

Let me ask you this, E3ko: Did you go to any of the social events this year? Did you got any of the career workshops that they offered this year?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
WTF...? They don't advertise to make themselvez look good...? Where did all the blue shirtz come from then.

Shawny

hari ur obviously behind the times
either that or u didn't read

eeko won the damn elections

and he'll be doing more than any of us for comsoc in the coming yr as a result

E3k0

HSC
N/A
Harimau said:
Nihit aut nihil.

As for the current year's team, i think they are doing a great job. I don't say this because i'm friends with a good number of them, but i say this because i know of the hardships that they had to go through. Hardships that they don't advertise to make themselves look good. For that, i have respect for them.

QUOTE]

ok firstly don't try to be a wenhui

now about tat hardship business... all i can say is LOL

their "hardship" of not advertising to make themselves look good is most admirable. if only they didn't try 10 times as hard to make the other team look bad.

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
E3k0 said:
ok firstly don't try to be a wenhui

now about tat hardship business... all i can say is LOL

their "hardship" of not advertising to make themselves look good is most admirable. if only they didn't try 10 times as hard to make the other team look bad.
What the hell is a wenhui?

And it seems that you cannot read. I am talking about THIS YEAR'S Comsoc team. Not the two teams that just had an election. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)