Conceptual Stimulus... (1 Viewer)

biggie walls

HSC
Hey all, just beggining to think about the concept for my BOW for 06' after dabbling with my prefered medium for awhile..

Just wondering - what do you use to get you thinking?

Ive been buying some contemporary art & design magazines/journals e.g. Monster Children

Listening and thinking about song lyrics e.g Bob Dylan

And just been thinking about things during my day...

Its funny because I work a really bad job at this supermarket so I often think about consumerism and am probably going to do something on that...

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
what your doing sounds alright..
maybe go to some art galleries and talk to teachers or people about your ideas, they'll probably help add onto your thoughts..

nwatts

HSC
I found I just started artmaking, and concepts/ideas sprung from my practice. Once I got working and taking photos, I got ideas of how I could edit them together, and then eventually what they could possibly mean.

You can very easily bullshit your way to getting brilliant marks by making up extremely ambiguous but in-depth concepts on assessment days, and documenting such in your diary. Markers seem to love a student whose artwork is not a blunt statement about X, but is more a subtle allusion to some facet of Y. (Although, markers do vary, so make sure you sort out your art teacher beforehand!)

maxibon88

HSC
chris and cambell make monster children sick, and if u like that mag look at empty, semi permanent ny and maybe look at works on noise. Listen to Interpol and for some beautiful singing sarah Blasko. Mars Volta aided me in my B.O.W,oh and dont be to fussed on planning, remeber if its in your veins it will come out eventually. HAHA but seriously i want to see some street art, or trendy shit up her kids, i believe in 06, and remeber that theory is absoloutely awesome. Articulation encouraged my friends, shit im getting excited i should become a teacher. Man u kids are the future, oh and i forgot to say watch BASQUIAt the movie ...good inspiration ...hahah Warhol is played by David Bowie
Love u guys..man im weird

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
maxibon88 said:
chris and cambell make monster children sick, and if u like that mag look at empty, semi permanent ny and maybe look at works on noise. Listen to Interpol and for some beautiful singing sarah Blasko. Mars Volta aided me in my B.O.W,oh and dont be to fussed on planning, remeber if its in your veins it will come out eventually. HAHA but seriously i want to see some street art, or trendy shit up her kids, i believe in 06, and remeber that theory is absoloutely awesome. Articulation encouraged my friends, shit im getting excited i should become a teacher. Man u kids are the future, oh and i forgot to say watch BASQUIAt the movie ...good inspiration ...hahah Warhol is played by David Bowie
Love u guys..man im weird
Bowie Love :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)