I'm in Yr 12 and i am currently doing 13 units of subjects
-Standard English
-General Maths
-Legal Studies
-Business Studies
-Ancient History
-Extension History
-Italian

I know the consequences of doing 13 units but lately I have started feeling stressed since my trials is coming up. I was considering of dropping extension an focusing on my 12 units. However, my marks is not what I expected (around 60's) and extension is currently my best subject and i was hoping it could push up my ATAR. However, i can't drop any of my 12 units since i really need it for what i want to do in uni.

So what do you think I should do? Should i drop extension or suck it up? (my teacher couldn't help me either >.<) Opinions will be greatly appreciated

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you want to do in uni? I can't see all those subs needed for a uni course.

If your extension is your best subject, I wouldn't recommend to drop it, that's counterintuitive.

If you are really struggling with 13, drop your worst 2u subject. Or if your worst is something deathly needed for uni (which I doubt), drop another weaker one.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
definitely drop your worst 2U subject. you can't need all those subjects for the course you want to do, unless some are for a back-up course.

HSC
What could you possibly want to do that you need all those subjects?

You could drop basically any of them and be right for any course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)