Conflicting Perspectives+Creative Writing help?? (1 Viewer)

Syrrah

HSC
Hey guys :) So I just need a bit of an opinion here on my thesis for my Conflicting perspectives essay and a little bit of input on my creative writing. I'm not entirely sure whether to go with my creative writing idea as it doesn't seem entirely uhh age appropriate.

So the essay question for my exam will be similar to this-- At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis.’ Evaluate how the texts you have studied demonstrate this in relation to Conflicting Perspectives (CP). You should refer to your prescribed text and at least one other related text of your own choosing.

And my thesis goes a little like this -- When evaluating texts, it is inevitable that certain values or ideas will be emphasised by the composer through the careful use of selection. However, the deliberate use of exclusion can also be a defining factor in shaping responder’s views of texts. In William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar and the 1987 Richard Attenborough film, Cry Freedom, they both demonstrate the use of exclusion and inclusion to convey conflicting perspectives through an array of visual and textual features.

Does that make sense? Can you see any gaps in it that I could fill up? Should it be longer? I feel it addresses what I want to talk about and introduces my prescribed text and related text but it doesn't seem long enough?

Also, our creative writing is on belonging in our exam and we have been given the stimulus for it. I've chosen one of a man sitting at a computer typing. My idea was to write about a teenage girl who forms a connection with a 'boy' online and they meet up, he's old, kidnaps her, rape etc but when she's rescued she still feels a connection to him. I'll write it from the perspective of her in a counselling session, so I can tell it as a recount. Any ideas? I wasn't sure whether to go with this idea or not because I'm not if the material will be too confronting for the markers.

honey23

HSC
N/A
I don't know about your essay, but your creative idea sounds amazing! Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)