Conflicting Perspectives Speech (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
Any idea how to lay out a speech for c.p. :cry:
when, mind u, we hevnt gotten a qn, merely the instruction to analyse??

I noe. i need a thesis etc but in which order???

ohh and also, am i allowed to say "Today i will be exploring the...." because im not sure whether im allowed to use the word "I" ??

Thanx in advance to any replies :)

ajay098

HSC
Any idea how to lay out a speech for c.p. :cry:
when, mind u, we hevnt gotten a qn, merely the instruction to analyse??

I noe. i need a thesis etc but in which order???

ohh and also, am i allowed to say "Today i will be exploring the...." because im not sure whether im allowed to use the word "I" ??

Thanx in advance to any replies :)

It's really similar to a normal essay. You should come up with a thesis (i can't stress how important it is and the thesis must be flexible to fit all questions especially when you don't even have a Q atm). Then topic sentence, supporting evidence and the process repeats several times. It depends on your texts and the points you want to put forward about conflicting perspective.

according to my teacher, you shouldn't use first or second person. Speeches should always be written in third person as you would lose the sophistication and sound casual.

cheers!

extra123

HSC
throw in specific features such as rhetorical questions. not only will this engage the audience but will also increase marks as it shows the marker that you have 'embraced' the speech form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)