Conflicting perspectives thesises? (1 Viewer)

AngelxTeresa

HSC
Does anyone have a list or even a few conflicting perspective thesises?
It would be much appreciated :)

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
There's no definite model thesis for CP but rather its what u believe the concept to be. You could talk about what gives rise to conflicting perspectives-stuff like ppl will always be positioned differently in observing events, personalities and situations (I said something like; "ppl are always quick to enforce the correctness of their perspective over those of others, by contrasting their perspectives with others they seek to advantage their own point of view opposed to the viewpoints of others) aswell as bias and other forces (selectivity of memory or hindsight, etc) aswell as a composer's motivations for creating a clash of opposing viewpoints. But in ur thesis u should specifically address the means by which composers create meaning (ie. literary techniques) In Module C there is probably more emphasis on literary techniques.

This is taken straight from the Tutortales website.

The syllabus outlines what you should cover in your essay:

* Explore various representations of events, personalities and situations.
o Identify the events, personalities and situations in your texts.
o Identify the conflicting perspectives about the above.
o Analyse how these are represented by the composer.
* Evaluate how the following influence meaning:
o Medium of production
o Textual form
o Perspective
o Choice of language

And here was my thesis for the 2009 HSC question

The notion of “Conflicting Perspectives” embodies a clash of opposing viewpoints and accepts that different people will always have different perspectives of themselves, others and the world around them. A clash of viewpoints, stemming from individuals seeking to affirm the correctness of their perspective over those put forward by others regardless of their perceptions gives rise to “Conflicting Perspectives,” while reaffirming the individuality of different responders in giving varied responses. But the nature of “Conflicting Perspectives” is such that the broad spectrum of opposing viewpoints indefinitely provides new insights and ways of thinking towards particular events and issues. The texts “Fulbright Scholars” and “Your Paris” by Ted Hughes, “Ariel” by Sylvia Plath and the film “V for Vendetta” directed by James McTeigue demonstrate that the diverse range of different perspectives put forward by different people generate many new and provocative insights into events, personalities and situations.

See if that helps in some way

Oh and its spelt "theses", not thesises" and its pronounced just like the word "faeces" except with a t. Just had to point that out :p

Last edited:

student6625

HSC
The most essential aspect of your thesis would be to include this notion: Composers of texts attempt to convince audiences of the veracity of their arguments and manipulate them into adopting their perspective of events, personalities and situations (syllabus terminology essential). This can be achieved through the composer's deliberate implementation of a myriad of language forms and features (techniques) which they employ to elevate their own perspective whilst dismissing the credibility of the other. Then, introduce your texts, including a brief summary of the conflicting perspectives that are portrayed in them.

So basically, you'll only need these 2 essential criteria:
-What the composer aims to achieve (elevate own perspective, discredit the conflicting one)
-How he/she achieves this (techniques)

Hope this helps.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
ha couldn't have said it better myself Student6625 that was what I was trying to say but I couldn't find the right words for it :p and congrats on getting the 99 ATAR

rawrence

HSC
A thesis is your understanding of the texts you're studying, the BoS doesn't want you to copy someone else's thesis they want to see how well you've developed the ability to find your own understanding.

My thesis was that conflicting perspectives was a tool used by the composer to manipulate the audience. In Julius Caesar in particular, this was done by the heavy contrast and uses of foils and binary opposites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)