Confused about marking criteria (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
What happens if the question asks you to 'describe' a theory, but in the marking criteria it only asks you to 'identify'. And I on,y identified, would I be able to get a mark for that.

Fiction

HSC
What happens if the question asks you to 'describe' a theory, but in the marking criteria it only asks you to 'identify'. And I on,y identified, would I be able to get a mark for that.
If the question asks you to describe a theory, you describe it. If you only identify a theory you would probably only get a percentage of the total mark. I.e if it's a 3 mark question, you may only get one mark for idenifying, one mark for describing and maybe one for an example etc. Always do what the question asks you to do.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Well. It was out of one, and I didn't even get half a mark, when the criteria said identify and the question said describe.

Fiction

HSC
Well. It was out of one, and I didn't even get half a mark, when the criteria said identify and the question said describe.
If you've described the theory you should have also identified it. I mean, how do you describe something without knowing what it is? You shouldn't have lost the mark unless you got the wrong theory altogether. I suggest you ask your teacher why you lost your mark and go from there.

Simile

HSC
N/A
It was an assignment. We were given the marking criteria prior to the due date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)