confused about sports (or the seemingly lack of...) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys, I've just been looking at the sport page on Campus life, and there's HEAPS of sports offered at the Uni Games, and Eastern Uni Games, and well as various tournaments. However, I'm wondering...how are we supposed to improve in these sports, if there aren't any clubs or groups?

For instance, I know there's social tennis, but what if you want to better improve your skills with lessons? And what about volleyball? There's a tournament, and it's a sport in the Uni Games, but HOW DO WE JOIN UP?! Surely it can't be Macquarie picking 6 random people who know how to play to compete on the day!

How do we be part of these sports, and hone our skills? Surely I'm missing a whole lot of info?

Thanks for any info guys :)

russs

yeeeee
HSC
MQ is pretty bad with informing people about social comps and such.

If you want information, you pretty much have to walk up to the gym and ask someone at the counter.

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
How competitive are the social sport competitions at mq? I signed up for Monday night tennis...

sean1990

HSC
Any1 play squash?

Looking for someone to verse sometime next week ....

PM me if your interested~~ its free to play with gym membership.

gummie

HSC
How competitive are the social sport competitions at mq? I signed up for Monday night tennis...
Hey where did you find out about this? I was looking for info at O-week but found nothing.

Also, does anyone anything about the lunchtime soccer comps?

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Hey where did you find out about this? I was looking for info at O-week but found nothing.

Also, does anyone anything about the lunchtime soccer comps?
I've been playing for the past 2 years in those lunchtime soccer comps ... they are pretty good. I am entering a team this semester.

If you want to make a team, you can get a form form the desk @ the gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)