Confused about UNSW Combined Law transfer (1 Viewer)

woodentoy

HSC
Hey, hopefully someone can help me with this. I got an offer yesterday for UNSW Arts/Law. I finished my first year of Journalism/Law at UTS last year. I know that I have to accept my offer to apply for academic standing - and I've emailed both the Arts and Laws faculties with details of my previous courses, hoping they can give me an idea of credit points I'll receive.

Does anyone here have any idea what kind of credit I'm likely to receive? I only want to accept the UNSW offer if I'll be undertaking my second year in 2009 - I don't want to 'repeat' a year. So I don't want to cancel my UTS enrolment unless I can be reasonably sure I'll be a second year student in 2009.

Anyway any advice would be great as I'm pretty divided at the moment.

BigDk

HSC
u get advance credit when u enroll, u take your uts handbook to each department to sign off on each subject

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey, hopefully someone can help me with this. I got an offer yesterday for UNSW Arts/Law. I finished my first year of Journalism/Law at UTS last year. I know that I have to accept my offer to apply for academic standing - and I've emailed both the Arts and Laws faculties with details of my previous courses, hoping they can give me an idea of credit points I'll receive.

Does anyone here have any idea what kind of credit I'm likely to receive? I only want to accept the UNSW offer if I'll be undertaking my second year in 2009 - I don't want to 'repeat' a year. So I don't want to cancel my UTS enrolment unless I can be reasonably sure I'll be a second year student in 2009.

Anyway any advice would be great as I'm pretty divided at the moment.
Do it in person and don't discontinue UTS enrolment until your UNSW enrolment is finalised. You'll be walking around UNSW quite a bit. Btw for more info try and look at a similar thread under UNSW section of Tertiary education.

DaGizza

HSC
I got a transfer offer from Usyd law and doing previously doing Finance/Law at Macquarie. The credit transfer procedure must be similar. In your case, you take the UTS handbook and an official academic transcript from the UTS student office, or if UTS gets their exams results mailed that may be good enough. It is better to get an official transcript and not one printed from an email or online (I don't know how UTS student receive their exam results sorry).

It is also good to get a UNSW handbook except when you go they probably have it anyway. The UNSW tranfer people will then compare the subjects you did in UTS and see if they teach the same thing. If there are journalism electives in UNSW arts you will probably be able to transfer those. The same should happen with law.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)