Confused (1 Viewer)

Dibs

HSC
Can anyone give me an idea on what i should actually be studying for the IT exam? The exam is next thursday, my first exam and i'd really like to do good in it.

any advice would be great. :uhhuh:

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
I love that it's not in between any of my exams, and an easy way to start off the HSC. It's kind of hard to study though, you should be able to have general knowledge on a lot of things.

- Operating Systems
- Organisational documents - memos, reports etc...
- OHS
- Hardware - need to go in-depth. CPU, hard disk etc...
- Communication

All I can think of right now.

Best way is probably to do past papers (maybe last 4-5 years) and whatever questions you can't do, study up on. Since most of the questions are the same style or bound the same knowledge.

Good Luck.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
uhm
didnt they change the syllabus for IT?

im pretty sure we're the guinea pigs:(

studynz2008

HSC
Review the terminologies and understand the program (if your taking up subjects with programming).

Dibs

HSC
I Have been doing alot of the past papers, im having trouble doing them tho because my IT class never did theory, no notes, no nothing. The only stuff i know is the general knowledge that everyone should know.

Its really frustrating.. :confused:

Does anyone have any notes that i could have a copy of?

Thank you Knowingnothing, i need all the luck i can get..

michael1990

HSC
Dibs said:
I Have been doing alot of the past papers, im having trouble doing them tho because my IT class never did theory, no notes, no nothing. The only stuff i know is the general knowledge that everyone should know.

Its really frustrating.. :confused:

Does anyone have any notes that i could have a copy of?

Thank you Knowingnothing, i need all the luck i can get..
I so AGREE!

And i'm also confused as to what certificate we will recieve.
Cert III or Cert II???

Dibs

HSC
Maybe it is only some IT classes, but my class mainly did practical either that or they bummed around all lesson. so, how are we supposed to do good in the exam when we have no theory notes? aahh i really hate it.. the exam is next thursday.. and as of yet, i know nothing.

hmmm, i think we get cert II and also a part of cert III, but to get all of cert III we have to go to tafe.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Requirements should've been that we've completed all of Certificate II and Certificate III is partially completed. Like the above stated.

Shouldn't exactly be too worried. I'm finding the past papers pretty easy, just got to focus on your weaknesses.

plak

HSC
try going through the specimen paper. thats what im doing and just look up on stuff you don't know. and in section III just write and expand as much as possible. or u can try summarising the notes in the resources directory which can help you a bit.

Stang

HSC
Yeah we did no theroy either in our it classes we always played games or just did anything we wanted to lol our teacher sometimes try to get us to do some but we never listened

HSC
Stang said:
Yeah we did no theroy either in our it classes we always played games or just did anything we wanted to lol our teacher sometimes try to get us to do some but we never listened
Tbh, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Dibs

HSC
so, how does everyone think they are going to go in the exam?

are you all confident? im not.. im finding it very hard to learn what i need to.. i've tried the exams.. and finished most of them.. does anyone have a general idea on what's going to be in the exam? where can i get the speciman paper from?

Dibs

HSC
thanks.. it will be a great help...

goodluck to you too.. :)

Dibs

HSC
has anyone done the speciman hsc paper? if you have, what answers did you give for the multiple choice?

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
I put:

B
D
C
D
C
C
A
A
C
A
A
A
B
D
C

Haven't checked them though, I have a feeling they're not 100% correct.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
^ exactly the same as mine [almost anyway]

except for Q2
i said A

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
we dont do anything for IT ............ we're gonna die in the exam :'(!!

nooooooooooooooooooo0o0o0o!!!!!!

*reads excel* oh no! the new syllabus isn't in it ! noo0o0o0o0o!!

one...more...day

Dibs

HSC
im sure everyone is going to do great in the exam.. :) better than me anyway because my class also doesnt do very much in IT.. mainly prac... :uhoh:

with the direct and indirect question (q14) what is the difference? why is it direct and not indirect?

and for q7 why is it that they have breached copyright laws and not software piracy? im a little curious..

ummm... for q2 i said the answer is C...

do you think the actual exam is going to be similar to the specimen exam? i hope it is because the specimen paper is reasonably simple.. except for the longer response questions, thats where im going to do bad..

is everyone confident? is your IT exam tomorrow?

goodluck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)