Confused. (1 Viewer)

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Which course is best to combine with commerce? Considering, commerce/ engineering, commerce/ law or combined commerce at unsw (commerce/e eco, commerce/ science, commerce/ information systems).

It's most definitely an issue of interest, as I'm considerably interested in all such combinations.

Would be great if anyone who currently studies or previously have studied any of the aforementioned degrees could give me a bit of an insight...

BiancaC

HSC
Firstly are you doing a combined degree because you have a genuine interest in a second field or just for the sake of a double degree? Look into it, don't worry about what is 'best'. Do a second degree with commerce if you have a genuine interest in the other degree. Research them all and look into them. I know a lot of people who do a commerce double degree mainly for the sake of it and end up hating the other degree and dropping it anyway.

But as a direct response to your question, Com/Law trumps all other options you have listed.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
No I actually have a genuine interest in combining commerce with the mentioned degrees, I'm just not quite sure which it is I want! I'm interested in both english and mathematics, and I'm doing well in both extension maths and english. Law solely doesn't interest me, however working in a field such as "Commercial Law" I would find interesting. But on the other end of the spectrum, combining civil engineering and commerce would be pretty awesome. Fml

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a 1st year Comm/Law kid and like the combo because its provides a balance between the two facets - numbers and words. However I do admit that the law component is more difficult and requires a lot of commitment. There is an abundance of reading material and class participation which sucks. I prefer commerce at the moment because of the finance elective but hated the core units like management and accounting.

N.B. You'll probably need a high WAM to get into corporate law.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Law is very different from engineering. Make up your mind about what you want to do.

BiancaC

HSC
Law is very different from engineering. Make up your mind about what you want to do.
^This. Little similarity between Law, Engineering, Science. Pick another area other than commerce you are REALLY interested in and pick it. No one is totally 100% interested in commerce, law, engineering, science, information systems and economcs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)