connection? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I conform to the trend! :p I just don't do 4U cause I'm fucken lazy :p

Neo_o I'm scared then. You would think they could come up with better insults.

Rorix

HSC
neo_o has plenty of other shortcomings that make better material:)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rorix said:
neo_o has plenty of other shortcomings that make better material:)
SILENCE! MY LOVE FOR THOSE PHOTOS IS GOOD AND PURE!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rorix said:
go do bio you flag :mad:
Oh, bio is fine. I just need to synthesise 7 more pages and then i'm set.

I havent studied for drama yet though. HSC exam and no study, thats a first :uhhuh:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm either going to billy blue or doing design at cofa....
I'd preferably like to do arts/architecture if i can manage to fit them in, but if not it's still cool...I'm right wing.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So thats 3/6 of right winged people who like maths.

Now if I remember correctly that is 50% just below the % of the senate that is part of the coalition. :p

(Line 1)__________________________________________
Just stirring

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah I don't see what this proves. Some right winged people are fluffybunnies and like to sodomise other men. So?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I think it was more of an attempt at saying those with logical thought processes and the ability to problem solve are right winged.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
I think it was more of an attempt at saying those with logical thought processes and the ability to problem solve are right winged.
I think you'll find that in all faculties there are those on the left and those on the right...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ziff what majors do you plan on doing?

The theory I've seen tossed around goes omething like this:

Maths/Logic is determined by one side of the brain, emotion feelings etc the other side, we can only use one side of the brain at once, this is a scientific fact.

The majority of us ossilate incredibly quickly between the two sides, people who are bi-polar do not.

The is a proven statistical relationship between maths and being bi-polar, the rate of bi-polar-ism is more than twice that of the general community among mathematicians/physicists.

Assuming logically that being stuck in the numbers side of the brain is good for maths then this correlation is logical. Also it is reasonable to assume (and has been proven) that even those mathematicians not bi-polar they alternate slower than the general population between left and right brain sides.

Now we can see that in over-simplified terms right-wingers are hard numbers people and left-wingers are emotional bleeding hearts. Which clearly means that numbers thinkers such as mathematicians are much more likely to be right-wingers.

On the other hand I do not deny that there are emotional right-wingers (social conservatives) and hard numbers lefties eg left-wing economists/new labour (as in the UK).

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
typically symplisitc answer
Look at post 11 fuck wit. It gives my response to the statement and answers it satifactorily. Your just looking for an arguement now, cock.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Look at post 11 fuck wit. It gives my response to the statement and answers it satifactorily. Your just looking for an arguement now, cock.
wonderful response thorrny, and so representative of your maturity.
if you hate this thread so much get out.
I meant on this board.
right wingers = rorix, waf, xayma. there are more, I forget.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Asquith's posts are in general more measured, mature, logical, reasonable and polite in TONE(we're talking tone not content here) than thonrydevil's.

Is your capslock key broken, or did you just take your testosterone supplement nothatbright?

jameseginton

HSC
What i find about arts people is that their views are close to their teachers who are in fact left wing. Why is that? I find this espeacially the case with modern history people. The reason why more science based subjects come up with conservative views is because they make their own judgements, not their teachers

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
addymac said:
Asquith's posts are in general more measured, mature, logical, reasonable and polite in TONE(we're talking tone not content here) than thonrydevil's.

Is your capslock key broken, or did you just take your testosterone supplement nothatbright?
Please, I would like to see an example. Aquisthian writes total crap. Testosterone supplement? WTF?

Cherry, you created a shit thread that has absolutely nothing to do with politics. It belongs in NS.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I prefer to regard myself as moderate, but I suppose I sit on the right a bit, voting Liberal and all. But no, I got 47/50 for 4U English, and got a "flying" 60 for 2U maths. I think there's more of a stereotype that arts students are feral lefty sorts rather than the other way around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)