Consecutive lectures (1 Viewer)

lauren_d

HSC
Econ1101 from 1-2 then HIST1011 from 2-3

econ is in physics th, hist is in CLB 3

how far are these places? can i make it from one lecture to the next? if i cant, has anyone done these subjects? is it a huge deal if i miss a bit of either lecture? (can you get into lectures late?)

cheers

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Wah? You got uni timetables already? How? =/

lauren_d

HSC
the 06 timetables are online... or at least i think thats what they are?! i've had too much spare time!!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Classes usually finish 5 minutes early and start 5 minutes late. Generally speaking you have enough time to get from one class to another without missing too much even if they are far away, not really something you need to be majorly worried about.

lauren_d

HSC
Excellent :D thanks! and these timetables im looking at in the online handbook... are they real or am i imagining them?!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Lectures generally start at 5 past the hour and finish 5 to, to allow people to travel from one class to another.

Hist1011 is good. Hamish (the lecturer) is a great guy. You'll enjoy it. I don't think he puts his notes on the net, so it's worth your time to go to his lectures :)

gman03

HSC
physics th to clb the is a 5 min UPHILL walk. Bring water bottle with you.

Being late to lecture is not a big deal, just harder to find "good" seats.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
In history Hamish does not take the roll so you dont HAVE to go to class. However I would advise you dont miss class as attendence will help you in exams more than you realise.

People tend to stream into class for about 5 mins after it starts ... sometimes even 15 mins after ... its no big deal. (although Hamish may say Hi *insert your name*)

He also likes to relate things back to forrests. Its quite funny.

If you do B then i think you will get Monica Azzolini as your lecturer .. she is great too

Lundy

Banned
HSC
hahaha, I was going to mention 'Just be prepared to listen to Hamish go on about forests a lot'

B this year is John Gascoigne. He's also a good lecturer, just not as chatty.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
How long do you think it would take to walk (average speed) from lower to upper campus, e.g. the Roundhouse up to the Mathews Theatre?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Lundy said:
You don't think so? Just wait til you take on the stairs.
So true. I walk up the Basser steps (and down) a few times a day last semester. Try Anzac Parade -> Quad -> Biomed -> Quad -> Biomed -> Matthews -> Anzac Parade

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Lundy said:
anzac pde > biomed

cruel and unusual punishment.
Agreed. I used to walk up from Roundhouse to Biomed (2nd level.. ouch) for lectures. It's good exercise though.

As for getting around, don't worry, after a few weeks you will get used to it.

Try not to be too late for lectures, some lecturers hate it, and its very rude to walk in loudly and stumble across the front of the lecture room, make 3 people get up so you can sit down.

gman03

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
So true. I walk up the Basser steps (and down) a few times a day last semester. Try Anzac Parade -> Quad -> Biomed -> Quad -> Biomed -> Matthews -> Anzac Parade
It is good exercise for as long as you are not carrying 10kg of load.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
I find going up campus is horrible the first two weeks then after that i am ok.. unless i am fainting (i sometimes faint) then it really sucks.

Lundy, have you had Ian Robert Tyrrell or Peter Schrijvers before?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Lundy said:
You don't think so? Just wait til you take on the stairs.
Yep :)
I took the Basser steps (the ones going up from the Quad right?) on one of the Open Days and on the co-op interview day...I got used to it after a few return trips :p

But as gman said, I wouldn't mind doing it unless I had a 10kg bag on my shoulders. Actually, do you guys really need to carry textbooks to uni? You can't really use them in lectures anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)