Conservatoriums - GENERAL: Entry, atmosphere, auditions etc. (1 Viewer)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
yeh guys congratulations...and thanks for giving me the drive to get into the con next year :D:D:D. Make sure all the fun you have there doesnt mean u neglect us here on BOS :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
timyates_87 said:
hey phanatical are there societies we can join at con like there are in syd uni?? pls don't advertise your composers society again :p
At the Conservatorium, you're automatically members of the Conservatorium Students Association. The other two societies on campus are the Con Christian Group, and the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society - though SECS is creating a number of new performance opportunities including Chamber Orchestra and Vocal Group. First years are especially encouraged to apply.

A lot of students are also members of main campus societies, including the Musical Society (SUMS), which is a choir with an insane work ethic, the Music Theatre Society (MUSE) who put on some really high quality productions, and the USYD Symphony Orchestra (SUSO).

What date is enrolment?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Phanatical said:
What date is enrolment?
27th i THINK.. but check wat time.. depends on ur surname.. im at 1 - 4pm coz my surname starts with 'M'

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
BY THE WAY.. people.. when they say "you must accept your offer before the .... date" how do u accept ur offer? it doesnt say how or when u have to do it by? is accepting ur offer when u enrol? ahhhh !!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'll see all you guys there! It's tutorial signup for the rest of the undergrads as well, so drop by the SECS stand in the Music Cafe and say hi!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
will do!! :D can't say i'll join your society though... composition isn't exactly one of my strenghts

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah performers help us composers on how ridiculous our performance directions are. :p it's good fun.

congratulations to the people that got what you wanted! and thank you for the congrats too. :uhhuh:

I'll see you people there!!! How exciting!

Find the dark girl with dark hair that "thinks-she's-so-great" who does composition, talks to strangers, and thinks she can sing, and that's likely to be me.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yay this is going to be so much fun!!! :D you even want TRUMPETS in your society?!?! wow, maybe i will look into it then :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Well, for 2005 I'm looking at starting a Vocal Ensemble, String Ensemble and possibly a Wind Ensemble - and possibly other ensembles too. If you first years are willing to commit, we'd be willing to support first year groups with securing venues and stuff like that. For composers, it's an opportunity to hear new works in practice, and for performers it's an opportunity to perform and record works.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Make sure you also have a look at the Con Handbook, which you can find on the USYD website. Enrolment is confusing, so knowing what you want/need to study will help you when it comes time to sign in.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Turns out that tutorial signup will be closer to the beginning of semester, so I don't Need to go in on your enrolment day. But I maintain a mailbox at the Con, which I really need to check so I'll still see you there.

Katey

HSC
Phanatical - do you know what day tute sign-ons are?? I checked the calander but it didn't say when they were.
Thanks!

magician

HSC
Phanatical, while I'm going to the QLD con, I was wondering if you can offer any advice about note-taking for workshops and practical/aural lessons- what do you do? Any other advice about anything musically related?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Aural and Harmony at the Sydney Con is good - they give us worksheets to fill in during the lecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)