Consumer Assessment that is worth 25mks! plzz help (1 Viewer)

mjZeeee

heey guys.. i just wanna know which points from the sylbus i need to include for this question:
Evaluate the effectiveness of Consumer Law in resolving conflict and encouraging co-operation?

and other significant stuff i need to include to get my 25 marks?
thx heaps! :confused:

monique66

talk about the role of the law and areas of conflict that arise (ie in contracts, finance, marketing and advertising and lack of occupational licenceing, etc) then in your essay go through each of the points and demnstrate how the law aims to resolve conflict that arises and how it aims to encourage co op betwen the buyer and seller (ie. talk briefly about self help as a for of redress, etc) Make sure you use case studies/media reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of the law and make sure you make a clear judgement :)

mjZeeee

more help needed..

thank u for that!
i wanna ask.. u noe when they say "resolving the conflict and encouraging co-operation.", is it right to say the consumer and the marketplace? or the consumer and the seller?

oo and.. there are some things dat i dunoo whether it causes conflict between the two.. for example advertising or watever.. like i noe wah benefits regulations has on consumers but how do they benefit sellers?
do i havta, in my essay explain what the conflict is and then use acts and cases to show the conflict and how it was resolved or not..?

and in each paragraph right.. is this a correct way to write the essay..:
do i find a conflict, then use cases/acts to show the conflict has been resolved or it hasnt been resolved... and sum up that consumer law is whether effective/not in addressing this conflict..

and after all the conflicts do i do the same to cooperation between the two..?

Last edited:

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Trust damnation with this question she got the highest mark for the same question in our consumer class :) (i'll beat you next time :p)

And yes identify what the conflict is and say the possible avenues available for consumers and the pros and cons for them.
And always try to intergrate the elements into the essay rather than spliting it up into co operation and conflict try to assess both as you go, cause if you show you are assesing throughout you're more likely to get a better mark than just assesing at the end. And make sure you have a good introduction and introduce all the elements you are going to talk about. A good introduction sets the tone for the rest of the essay. In your introduction define what you think effective consumer law is and what it should do and keep referring back to how you defined it when assessing. And don't say one thing say more than one i mean like say consumer law is suppose to provide avenue's for redress, equality, protection of right etc etc. Talk about the CTTT and ADR's and the alternatives rather than going to court and how that benefits consumers.

Hope that helped. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)