• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Consumer Behaviour survey from uni hosted on BOS??? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
You are invited to take part in a voluntary research study concerning
consumer behaviour. The study is conducted via the internet, allowing you
to take part in the study at the university computer labs or at home. The
study is running for less than a week, so act fast if you wish to
participate.

Go to http://www.boredofstudies.org/james/morris/ to take part.

So who is matthew morris?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I started doing it but quit when it asked me to remember all that information about temperatures and percentages. I don't see how remembering improvement numbers and percentages in test cases makes any difference to my behaviour as a consumer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I started doing it but quit when it asked me to remember all that information about temperatures and percentages. I don't see how remembering improvement numbers and percentages in test cases makes any difference to my behaviour as a consumer.
because theres more likely an ulterior motive to the study. Nearly all studies give you some information but actually require you to do something entirely different.

The studies I took part in:
Study 1: Watched a video ad of a cafe. Then completed 20 mins of different puzzles which were meant to determine IQ (but was just to distract us). Then we needed to comment on what was remembered in the ad.
Study 2: Were asked to fill in massive survey which was meant ot be to segment generation Y (it was actually to class us into three personality types for a later test). Then, we were shown print ads on a nother day. Needed to comment on whether we liked them etc. Only 4 of those ads were actually used (even though we commented on all). It was meant to find out how we reacted to sexual imagery based on our personality.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
EDIT: All the info you're presented with is important. For those who do the study, please do it 100%. I just completed the study and got the debrief.

PLEASE DON'T REVEAL ANYTHING FROM THE DEBRIEF AS THIS IS FOR AN HONOURS STUDENT.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
is it fair considering that I study the flu virus? and bird flu

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It would be great if you guys could take part - Matt is a friend of mine and is a bit short of participants.

It's for a good cause. ;)

Matthew Morris

HSC
Hello everyone,

I am a conducting an Honours thesis. To complete this thesis, I need participants to take part in the study. I am looking for participants who are between the age of 18 and 25. Currently, I am in need of 15 more participants. The study will take no more than 15 mins of your time. I would be especially grateful if you could participate in this study. It is entirely confidential and you are not required to do anything more than read and pay attention.

If you are interested in taking part in a Honours study, please go to this website
www.boredofstudies.org/james/morris

I am sure there are alot of you out there who intend on completing an Honours thesis. If you are interested to see what an Honours study is like, please take part. If you do go on to complete an Honours thesis, you will find out that it takes alot of help from others to make it a success.

Thankyou to all those who have taken part. I am deeply grateful!

Matthew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)