Consumers Issues and Remedies (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Legal Issues and Remedies essay:

Issue 1 - remedying injustice in contracts
-Implied terms
-Role of common law - including misrepresentation, duress, undue influence, and unconscionability and the results that can come from finding contracts in this way (rescission, damages etc)

Issue 2 - Regulating B and protecting consumers
-Statutory controls - rights against suppliers, rights against manufacturers, rights against finance companies
-Processes for redress - mediation/conciliation, Fair Trading Tribunal, Arbitration

It seems i only have 2 issues here, but i dont even know if i have split up the issues correctly, ie would processes for redress be able to come under a different issue? Would it be better to split these broad issues into more than 2?

Does anyone have any case law for misrepresentation, undue influence, and/or case-law/statute for arbitration and mediation/conciliation?

Thats all, thanks for any help :apig:

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
haha
I think i'll just draw boobs on my legal responses
Maybe the markers will appreciate them
Wont be animated tho...

Golani

once again fadetoblack, by limiting yourself to a small number of issues you're seriously undermining your chances to go into band 6, write about as much as you can, the more the better, it doesn't have to be in too much depth, just discuss the concepts, use terminology and achieve a broad coverage of all the issues as much as you can...

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Arghhhh then why do keep getting told to reduce the number of issues i discuss in order to gain greater depth and analysis

laurass

personally i think that you should choose about 3 issues.. then you can go into depth.. there is not much point in even writing the essay if you cannot adequatly explain and evaluate the issues that you need to discuss. the markers want to know that you have a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the problems and remedies that people.. in this case consumers.. face... however in say that you still need to acknowledge that there are many other issues... eg. you can put in your essay.. however these are only some issues and remedies that face consumers. The law is also trying to address many additonal issues that face consumers in todays society....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)