Consumers LCMD thread (1 Viewer)

xAuntyLoserx

HSC
hey does anyone have an essay on consumers.. like anything... im desperate.. i have no work on consumers because ive been off school for a little while big problems being sick and then major problems with my major works that got ruined and had to be restarted... im looking for anything that anyone can help me with..
the essay question is
evaluate the way in which the legal system protects consumer. identify and outline the effectiveness of the law in relation to consumer redress when purchasing a faulty item...
any structure.. point form on what to write, an essay to look over.. anything would be great.. my email is
barbie_4_ken69@msn.com
excuse the name its one old email address
thank you so much to all.. anything will be fantastic

suzy11

HSC
Hi!

does anyone have any fairly recent media cases/articles regarding consumer issues/reform??

I know the current trend is geared towards consumer self-help and knowledge, with stricter controls on corporations, but have there been any recent changes to legislation/court precedents (in Aus obviously) that have been examples of reform?

or even is there any media articles/ public forum where such legislation & reform are discussed? I mean pro/con wise. some kind of newspaper archive site?? I've been to the ACCC site as well as LIAC but what i'd like is people discussing the issues of consumer reform and i haven't had much luck searching for articles like this

any help would be really appreciated :) :)

Admiral Pie

HSC
IMPORTANT:
A lot of the acts and statutes mentioned in this thread have been absorbed into the Australian Consumer Law.
Just a note.

SharkeyBoy

HSC
Any cases for the 4 contemporary issues? I know they're pretty hard to find and my textbook seems as though they're struggling to find them!
So just a question: I know cases are almost vital to have for essays in legal, but if we don't put it and instead flood the essay with media, legislation and stats, is that still alright? i.e. can we still get full marks (or close to it at least)? Thanks

wil_o96

HSC
Cadbury Shweppes Pty Ltdv. Darrel lea chocolate shops pty Ltd 2006

t1ffany

HSC
Is it the Competition and Consumers Act now or the Australian Consumer Law Act now? My teacher gave mixed signals lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)