contemporary designer (1 Viewer)

mary^^

HSC
N/A
Did any of you guys get the contemporary designer research assessment? Apparently it's better to do an Australian designer- one with lots of info on them,etc.
I'm thinking of Lisa Ho, but there's not a heap of info so not sure yet.
Suggestions anyone?

* btw: GOod Luck in TExtiles-hsc students!*

Ashems

Heys,
I did an assessment task earlier in the year on a contemporary designer. We were told we had to do an australian one. Anyways I researched Sass and Bide. They were pretty good to do because i found that it was easy to find the relevant information that we need like their culture and inspiration, current fashions and trends, aesthetic and functional aspects, elements and principles and techniques of design and their sucesses and failures.
I think i remember some other people doing people like Lisa Ho and Alex Perry.

mary^^

HSC
N/A
oh yeh~ how could i forget!?! SAss & Bide! oh that's cooL...
oh wait*DAmn but there are two designers >.< i think she said to do a label with ONE designer (well..she made it clear-not to do MAMbo coz they had several designers)....i'll have to ask..but i'd love to do Sass and Bide..ARGh* Hey- if i do do it , can you put up some links,info perhaps. better ask the teacher first, huh? =Damn=
oh-thx by the way! ^ ^

Ashems

Well...I didnt realise it couldnt be 2 designers....Sass and Bide are in a team kinda thing and one label. I got full marks for that assessment and the teacher didnt say anything so i'm going to use it on tuesday. From what i can remember, without looking at my notes right now, one of the girls does the actual designing of the clothes and the other one is kind of in charge of the business side of things, anyways....see how you go, and i'll come by this forum sometime and see how you went. *Ash*

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
people at my school did sass and bide to
you focus on one designer only i think
so you would say either Heidi or Sarah
we didn't have to choose a label with one designer
or one that was Australian
i am doing Marc Jacobs
who has his own brand but also works for Louis Vuitton
what about Collette Dinnigan?
or Peter Morrisey?
there are heaps of Australian designers
if thats what you really wanna do

lil_lainy

HSC
i did lenore dembski...i dont no if they like that very much cause thats like the sample they give on th charles sturt uni website but hell...its got like the best info cause it relates it to all the factors which influence her success

i hope they ask the design question on this

anything else and im fucked...especially historcial perspective ahhh!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Lenore as well, but not fond of her... a lot, particularly contemporary influences, is a bit vague. I'm going to try and see if I can rustle up something on Akira... that'd be fun... :)

mary^^

HSC
N/A
*A*S*H*L*I said:
Heys,
I did an assessment task earlier in the year on a contemporary designer. We were told we had to do an australian one. Anyways I researched Sass and Bide. They were pretty good to do because i found that it was easy to find the relevant information that we need like their culture and inspiration, current fashions and trends, aesthetic and functional aspects, elements and principles and techniques of design and their sucesses and failures.
I think i remember some other people doing people like Lisa Ho and Alex Perry.
okies- im doing Sass & Bide and i'm like half way through- but im gonna need ur help!~
A part of the question asks "What is the target market?..." and the marking criteria states:
" Demonstates a highly developed understanding of target markets and marketing strategies"
So..i'm guessing the ans to that quEs above should not be asimple Ans..
like my response would b to say that SAss&Bide are mainly targeted towards young adults nad adults.....would i have to mention here that they're targeting towards the global market?
*dunno y i'm so confused* - -a
btw- tHEy're not in a niche market are they?
ne help would b grateful
well---thanX in advance

jess_tillett

HSC
yea

yea were allowed to do any designer or fashion house i was thinking of doing Chanel! does ne one have ne useful info on her?

Kulazzi

HSC
I think I'll get mine next term.

Anyone going to the Texstyle exhibition at the whitehouse institute of design? I'm going on dec 15. Teacher said it's good for MW ideas

libgem

i did McQueen & Tina Kalivas
We had to do one OS one Australian
I just emailed Tina and she was great. Find a smaller designer as they are more willing to help plus not many others will do them
I might be working on the exhibition this week! Possibly thursday or friday

ellyy22

HSC
hey does anyone still have the info on sass and bide.. im doing them i just wanted like a summary or soemthing to give me a guide.. thanks.. and does anyone know who is a good choice for the overseas designer?? thanks heaps.

hilydia

HSC
HELP!!
does anyone have info on sass and bide?! im doing them for my contemporary designers assesssment.

the info that i need is,
- factors that determine success or failure of sass and bide
- trends in society that influence sass and bide as the designers
- sources of inspiration

does anyone know if there are any books or dvd/videos on them that would be useful?

lollipopxo

HSC
last year our class did a task on contemporary designers, we had to do two one Australian and one from where ever. i did Alannah hill and Valentino, there is ALOT of information on the two, i will post up my assessment in the resources page this week, i got 90 on this assessment so it does have decent information and links.

HSC
i'd stick with the obvious, like dinnigan, reason is, there is alot of info on her. and they happen to ask for a contempory designer in your exam, the examiners mark your info on what they can find. if you do someone obscure, and they cant find info on them, they simply just wont give you the marks

lollipopxo

HSC
dinnigan is marked very hard in school assessments because there are so many published case studies on her.

HSC
dinnigan is marked very hard in school assessments because there are so many published case studies on her.
of course it depends on your teacher, but my teacher, being lovely as she was, was a very tough hsc marker; thing is, if your info and detail is there and you have answered the question, they cant not give you the marks because there's 'too much' info on her.

hilydia

HSC
does anyone know if there are any DVD/video, books and stuff about Collette Dinnigan? Ive sifted through basically all the website that pop up on google - many saying similar, if not exactly the same things about her.

haylz234

HSC
if any of you have the new textbook, you know that you should do Akira Isogawa (soooo much info on him) - and it has to be an australian designer, so no, you cant do chanel. go read the syllabus, id hate for people to lose marks over stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)